“Your employees are great”
Review of Harrisburg Hotel

Harrisburg Hotel
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Just wanted to send out a message to you letting you know how our business feels about the service that we receive every week. We currently rent one of your conference rooms every Tuesday night and to say that the service we get is great does not do the service that we get justice. Whatever we ask for your front desk makes sure that we get from the setting up of the room to the water and cups that they leave for us. I would like to call out Catharin Burns and Jason Smink especially, they go out of there way every week just to make sure we are comfortable and settled in and that we have everything that we need. So thank you all for what you do and please let your employees know at the Harrisburg Wyndham Gardens how valuable they really are. Thanks again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 17, 2011

After driving 7 hrs and arriving at this hotel, the check in process was fine with no trouble. After arriving in our room we found dark urine stains on the toilet, with dirty towels on the floor and used glasses in the bathroom. In addition, both beds appeared as though someone had been sleeping on them, although the covers hadn't been withdrawn.

I immediately called the front desk and he apologized and promised to send someone up to clean the room. After waiting 15min, I called the front desk again to inquire where the cleaning person was and he said they were on the way. After waiting an additional 15 min, the time was now close to midnight, we gave up and went down to the lobby. The hotel clerk was unapologetic and said there were no other room available in the hotel and we would just have to wait. He did promise a 20% discount on the room but later confessed that he wouldn't know how to give it to us.

At this point we left and ended up staying in the red roof in down the street. Kind of a shady hotel, but at least it was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
ecybulski, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at the hotel. I can assure you that this is not the level of service we strive to provide for our guests. I have shared your comments with our team, in particular, the housekeeping and front desk staff. We will use your feedback to resolve the issues you have noted.

If possible, can you please provide me with the date of your arrival so we can address the issues and follow up in more detail. Please feel free to contact me at 717-558-9500, ext.104 to further discuss your review. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Eric Cybulski
Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg/Hershey
717-558-9500, ext.104
ecybulski@wyndham.com

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean, comfortable - about 8 miles from Hershey Park.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Wow, talk about going the extra mile. We needed 3 rooms on very short notice. I'm talking hours. Ashlee was ready and able to help us out and the reservation was very smooth.Travis was efficient with our checkin and even handled our special requests. Even placed a follow up call make sure everything was ok. The rooms were clean and comfortable, loved the brand name toiletries too. Michele was extremely helpful with checkout and even stored a bag that we left behind by accident! Great coffee bar , nice pool, reasonable rates. This hotel is close to all the area attractions. I would definitely stay here again. One of the best service experiences I have ever had!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great Hotel..had a great family weekend at this property

Clean common areas, nice Gym, Hetaed Outdoor Pool and a stocked food market with reasonable prices

Room was tastefully decorated and Front desk was the best

Reviewed April 5, 2011

I loved my stay here. Maybe I had lowered expectations because of the "run-down", "tired", "rude staff" reviews, but I thought this property was great. In spite of the less than glowing ratings, I needed a place to sleep, got a great online rate and there I was.

My check in was easy and pleasant...even though I was a Hotwire customer...which is not always the case. I guess it is possible that the elevator was slow, but I didn't notice. The corridors (interior) were clean and stylish. I would guess that this may be the product of a recent refurb as it all seemed crisp and fresh.

The room was a regular king and it was fairly spacious. The furniture and fixtures were hip, modern and vaguely eurpoean...kind of like an Aloft or a conservative W. Large windows let in plenty of natural light illuminating large framed prints of vintage Hershey's Chocolate ads. The desk chair was comfortable and contemporary and the over-sized arm chair had an outlet to plug in your laptop.

Quality in room coffee and speedy wifi were a welcome amenities as was the large LG flat-screen.Lest you think this review is all hugs and kisses to Wyndham...the TV service was only standard def.

Sleep was great with a top-notch bed, adequate linens and no external noise.

I encountered three staff members (two desk clerks and a housekeeper) All were friendly and
professional.

No free breakfast, but the pay offerings in the pleasant lobby cafe are plentiful and reasonable, including real Starbucks and a variety of To-Go sandwiches..not sure what they have later in the day.

All in all, even writing this a month later, I can't get over how comfortable my stay was and how much I enjoyed it. That doesn't happen often...

Room Tip: Ask for an end room...two walls of windows!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank veggieracer
Management response:Responded April 12, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg/Hershey. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am glad to hear that your stay was very enjoyable and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and amenities including our beds, bedding and flat screen televisions. I am also very happy to hear that our staff did a good job servicing your needs and they were professional and friendly. Thank you again for staying at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg/;Hershey and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 3, 2011

We arrived at the hotel van at 11:50 pm. We were time the ride to/from the airport is five minutes. However the van driver is anticipating more guests. Twenty minutes go by before the other guests show up. So the van had ample time to drop us off and return in time for the other guests. I'm patient but when its midnight and i have a job to go to this is unacceptable. The man at the front desk rudely explained that its not his problem and dismissed that this is an issue. Is this how all guests are treated when they need a ride from the airport to the hotel? Unacceptable.
Hotel is dirty, old and shows serious signs of wear and tear. Disgusting. Don't walk away from this hotel, run!

• Stayed: April 2011
Management response:Responded April 12, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg/Hershey. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. I apologize that you had to wait for so long at the airport and for the response that you received from the front desk associate. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our newly renovated rooms which feature 32" flat screen televisions, Herman Miller Desk Chairs, Wolfgang Puck Coffee and new beds and bedding. We also have a newly renovated cafe area which offers a variety of grab and go foods as well as Starbuck's coffee.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and we will work to improve our service. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg/Hershey