“PIZZA OVERDONE”

Add it.
Lio's Pizza & Sub Shop
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 10, 2015

I ordered a pizza to go and sat in the restaurant for about 20 minutes. When I got home and opened the box, the pizza looked darker than usual, with a lot of crust around the edges. I cut off the crust and tried to cut the first slice to eat with a knife and fork since it was hot. Frankly, it was difficult to cut and quite an effort. It turns out that the whole thing was overdone and not at all satisfying. We ate only half of it. I decided to call Packer's and mention that we were dissatisfied. (How would they know otherwise?) The woman answering the phone checked with the manager, who said I should give my name and mention it the next time I came in, and they would give me a 25% discount. Wow. No apology or anything. I will not be coming in again, so they can keep the $4.00 discount on a $16 pizza. I will spend my money elsewhere.

1  Thank Scion

Reviewed September 20, 2014

Lio's was the gold standard in pizza...always the best. Fresh ingredients, well prepared, and hot. Packer's continues this excellence. Same for their Stromboli.

Baked Italian sub was always my wife's fav at Lio's....but is just not the same now. Might be due to new counter staff and training....just not as good. What did surprise is that when I raised the issue when picking up my next order...was the shrug of the shoulders "oh well?" response. Now our order was typically a Large Pizza Special, a Stromboli, and a Baked Italian Sub totaling in the mid $30 range ordered every two weeks...so....did not expect such a lame "oh well?" response.

And so...even thought their pizza and Stromboli is good....the poor customer service means we don't order from them every two weeks...and when we do...it's just a pizza...definitely not a Baked Italian.

May try them again in a year or so...sadly....probably not.

2  Thank ConstantTraveler032
Reviewed January 26, 2014

New owners,new name,...very clean restaurant,I had a tuna and cheese sub that was overstuffed with tuna;to the point of being difficullt to eat. Almost no lettuce and tomato...just was too much tuna....and the roll was too chewy.... If I were to return, I would park along the main drag......Getting in and out of this parking lot has always been tricky.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been dieting this summer and have not had pizza for months. Last Friday we came home from another crazy week of work and I decided to splurge. I was dying for a Lio's pizza with hamburger, onions, and black olives. Mmmm, oh my, it was as good as I remembered. Didn't help my diet but it sure helped my morale!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

They have great subs and salads. The place is always clean and neat. We've been eating here forever and the sub rolls are the best.