“A Little Bit of Everything ”

Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road
Ranked #72 of 578 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Description: Gilligan’s offers both casual and fine dining and strives to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers. Our menu features fresh seafood, perfectly seasoned steaks and homemade pasta dishes. Whether you’re looking to have an intimate night out in our elegant dining room or just grabbing a burger and wings, we've got you covered. Gilligan's...the place where friends meet!
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant definitely would be best defined simply by its name. From the food they offer to the atmosphere they provide, it's a mix of a seafood restaurant (Gilligan), a burger place (grill) and a bar. My friends and I all ordered a variety of foods: seafood pasta, quesadilla, salmon, and burgers to name a few. We all thoroughly enjoyed it! I wouldn't recommend coming here if you don't plan to spend more than $20 on a meal, but for $20+, they make it worth the money. The garlic bread (Texas style) was nothing special, but still good. They had pool tables there ($1 per game), so my friend and I did several games after dinner. Overall, it was a good time with good food, and the service there was very friendly. I haven't been in the area long; but for a town that doesn't seem to offer much, this place is a plus for them. I would definitely go back there again.

Belinda E, Manager at Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Thank you for the review and thank you for your business!!

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Located across the street from LaQuinta Harrisburg, on Houke Road.
Superb Prime Rib in two sizes Queen and King. Queen is the average 12 oz size and comes with two sides. The King...Lord have mercy....almost 16 plus ounces plus the two sides. Way to many sides to choose from so you might have trouble making your selection!
This restaurant also has two sides. One side is the casual Sports Bar & Grill and the other side is quiet Fine Dining. Do whatever you're in the mood for, they've got it. Just wear stretchy pants when you go! Bon Appetit!

Reviewed July 24, 2017

We stopped here for a drink and dinner before heading to our hotel for the evening. My husband had a chicken dish that he really enjoyed and I had a veal dish which I also enjoyed along with a ceasar salad. The food is nothing fancy but it's prepared well. They are apparently known for their chicken wings. We didn't order any, but a fellow sitting near us at the bar ordered some with a white sauce and they looked delicious.

Belinda E, Manager at Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. We hope you'll stop and see us again.

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Ordered a salad to go for lunch. Portion was very generous and it was ready for pick up when they said. The only downside was the dressing was a bit too much; should have asked for it on the side. It's personal preference, but I don't like my food swimming in dressing.
Will not hesitate to go back.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

My family and I visited Gilligan's last Friday night. We have eaten here more than a few times and never had any negative experiences. Unfortunately I can't say that about our most recent visit. This place is a cross between sports bar and slightly fine dining with a diverse menu. I had the Kobe roast beef sandwich. Not good. Too much fat in the meat. My wife had the Kobe roast beef club and had the same experience. But the biggest disappointment was the side order of fries my daughter received. I included a picture which is exactly what we received. Very few fries and a few were undercooked. The only reason I'm giving three stars was for the service. Our server was very good. She was friendly, smiled, and engaged with us. I did not say anything about the lack of fries. I just won't go back. It's surprising that no one on the staff noticed that someone was budgeting the fries.

Belinda E, Manager at Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

I'm sorry to hear that your most recent dining experience was not a pleasant one. We strive to provide our customers with an enjoyable meal and pleasant dining experience on each and every visit. I hope that you'll accept our apology and reconsider your decision to forego any future visits. We value your patronage and the patronage of each of our guests. If there is anything else I can do to correct the situation, please feel free to contact me at 717-652-2611.