“Very good prime rib”

Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road
Ranked #74 of 575 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Description: Gilligan’s offers both casual and fine dining and strives to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers. Our menu features fresh seafood, perfectly seasoned steaks and homemade pasta dishes. Whether you’re looking to have an intimate night out in our elegant dining room or just grabbing a burger and wings, we've got you covered. Gilligan's...the place where friends meet!
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was very busy in the front section section but we were fortunate to be seated in the quieter side section. The prime rib was very good and quite a large portion. We were just staying the one night in Harrisburg but I'd go back to Gilligan's

Belinda E, Manager at Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your experience. When you're in the area, please stop by and see us again.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

The crab cakes are full of lump crabmeat and very little filler. Portions are large and the food is always delicious

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I go to Harrisburg a few times a year and like to stop at one of the Gilligans locations when possible. We stopped here for dinner on St. Patrick's Day. They had several Irish-American dinner specials. As usual, the portions are huge, the place is busy, loud and you can catch a game on one of their TVs.

Reviewed February 10, 2017

This restaurant is great for lunch with the specials they have in addition to a wide range of lunch items. At lunch, I had the crab melt special while my friend had the chicken pasta salad. Both were super! There are also many soup choices at both lunch and dinner. The seafood (scallops, crab cakes or shrimp) is what we normally get if we go there for dinner. They have a wonderful menu with many types of entrees. We highly recommend going to this restaurant.

Belinda E, Manager at Gilligan's Bar and Grill - Houcks Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2017

Thank you so much for your review and your patronage. We appreciate our customers and thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed January 19, 2017

I've passed by this restaurant many times, thinking it was more of a bar than a great place to eat. Was I wrong. Lots of clean tables and booths, TVs all around. And the food and service couldn't have been better. They have a wide variety of food and prices. The atmosphere was quite, relaxed and lighted nicely. Customers were dressed with t-shirts and caps to professional attire. My wife had a pasta dish, my daughter got the rack of lamb, and I had the Tuesday special. A blackened steak with shrimp and mashed potatoes. All the dishes were excellent. Yum!!! I want to go back on a Tuesday for the same meal, LOL!! We're looking forward to returning soon.