“Gimmicks not needed”

Ranked #30 of 569 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

just wanted a quiet meal for the wife and myself, this place was so loud we had strain to hear one-another, the food was good, the prices were good and the service was good, I can do without the singing and dancing staff.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had hoped to find an independent restaurant but having failed went to the Texas Roadhouse. What a pleasant surprise. Everyone's meal was excellent (Ribs, Steak (sirloin & fillet) and chicken tenders. Service also good. Only reason it has not received a 5* review is that a few items were forgotten with our meals but overall it did not detract.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I know this is a steak house but I love their pork BBQ. They have great burgers and the steaks are always fresh and done the way we order. They get vey busy, so it is rather loud, but we don't go here for a romantic night out, just good food at a good price.

They do have call ahead seating but you can get served at the bar by friendly bartenders very quickly. Don't tell them it's your birthday, unless you want to be put on top of a sawhorse 'bull' and have their version if happy birthday sung to you!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food excellent, prices reasonable, but service was a little slow. I walked here w my daughter from the Country Inn & Suites up the road on vacation. They put us at a huge table in the back (for just 2 of us), and I think we were out of sight, out of mind. The service wasn't terrible, but I feel like if we were more in the view of our server, or even other people, we have have gotten more attention. I feel like it took too long to get and pay the bill. However, I will definately return. We both love the food, and the proximity to the hotel is great for future trips.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love it here. I always get Chicken Critters, loaded sweet potato, salad, and cheese fries. Everything is always delicious. They have the best rolls and butter of any restaurant! The staff are usually great and the only issue is sometimes they get really busy and you have to wait longer for drink refills, etc.

My husband does not like it here. They always overcook his steak. He asks for rare and always gets medium or medium well. So you might want to ask for extra rare if you want rare. My husband also hates that they line dance here. He always says that if they weren't dancing around, maybe he could get a refill. I guess he is right overall. Our daughter loves to watch them dance though.

There are always a ton of birthdays when you eat here. The staff yells about a legendary birthday and has you get on a sawhorse and wear a big Mexican hat. It's pretty funny if it is your friend or family member, but by the time you hear the 4th or 5th birthday while you are trying to eat, it can get kind of annoying.

Loud country music plays here.

Great, large parking lot here.

Use the call-ahead seating! They get really busy on weekend and you could be waiting an hour or 2 if you don't call ahead.