“Best night out in long time plus great food!”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #34 of 555 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Went there tonight to celebrate my birthday with honey . Neither one of us had ever been to one before . Great friendly service from the moment we entered the door . The food was terrific ! Warm rolls were given to us right away . No waiting hungry . Great food & experience .

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I picked out a filet migon and it was perfect! The fried pickles were also excellent. The girls were pretty and perky too. All around good time.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This place is always busy on the weekends. I find the steaks to be very good and tender, the warm bread and honey butter get you off to a great start. The staff is always friendly and fun!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We've been to this Texas Roadhouse countless times and our experiences have been consistently good.

First, if you are going on a Friday or Saturday night between 6 and 8 pm, call ahead. If you do not, you WILL wait and 1) the waiting area will be overcrowded with standing room only and 2) you will likely be waiting over an hour.

Decor is typical for a steakhouse with wood plank walls and random western-style paraphernalia on the walls. Peanut dust covers the floor as it is the designated peanut carcass disposal repository. It is often very, very loud, especially when you hear one of the wait staff belt out "Aaaaaattention, Texas Roadhouse Guests, Susie is turning 30 today and....". Do not come here expecting romance, fine dining, or to able to hear one another very easily. But I can't hold any of this against TRH; you know you'll be getting a steakhouse atmosphere going in and they certainly deliver.

Service has always been very pleasant and attentive. Wait staff always have smiles on their faces and have gone out of their way for special requests or considerations. Again, we have been here in excess of 20 times, and only once were we at all displeased with our service.

Onto the food.

Yes, the bread and cinnamon-sugar butter is awesome. My voracious consumption of the stuff has likely pushed me into a higher-risk heart attack category due to the amount of the butter I use-- and I don't regularly put butter on bread.

Steaks are perfectly seasoned and are not covered in some salty seasoning mix as is all too common at other steakhouses. Steaks arrived cooked to our specification about 80% of the time. When it misses the mark, it only misses by a small amount. Only twice did we ever have to send one back, and both times we were either given the steak half-off or completely complimentary.

Appetizers are also very flavorful and are reasonably priced. Favorites are the Onion and the Fried Pickles. The pickles are especially a good value at only $4.

Portion sizes are immense. Frequently, we'll share an appetizer, I'll have a few rolls, a bowl of chili (you can upgrade a cup to a bowl for only $1), my other side, and about two bites of meat and the rest is coming home with me. And-- make no mistake-- I have quite an appetite. Rumor has it that they sell dessert here but I've never seen anyone with enough room left to order one.

Food is very reasonably priced. Appetizers range from $4 to $9; entrees range from $8 to $24 with steak ranging from $12 to $24, ribs from $14 to $18, and prime rib from $15 to $20. Price versus quality/quantity is excellent.

Bottom Line: A steakhouse through and through with low prices for the quality and quantity of food served. Just don't go to TRH for a romantic dining experience and you'll have a great time.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Very good, very good service. Not the best to read for business though. Reasonable priced.