“Little Gem”

Ranked #26 of 569 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A simple place with the most incredible homemade Italian food! People were very interesting, friendly and I formative. We had a most wonderful visit. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good homemade Italian food!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm always surprised when I find a new treasure in the Harrisburg neighborhood. This delightful pastry shop serves delicious lunches as well as tasty desserts and gelato. I had the chicken Parmesan sandwich on their handmade bread and my husband enjoyed a platter of meatballs and broad beans. It was so peaceful to sit out at a table in the shade on this quiet street. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We've been here many times. We've never had a bad experience. Everything is fresh. They always have a smile to share. The cookies are delicious as well as the homemade gelato. They are always making updates to the restaurant. Very clean. Just a great local place with delicious food.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in Harrisburg 5 months for work and just kept going here for their amazing everything. I cannot recommend just one thing cause it's ALL good. :). Their pizzas, meatballs, canolis, cookies, pastas......just go. This is the ONE place in Harrisburg you MUST go to.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

After stopping for bread and pastry several times I finally had lunch at Alvaro. If you can move by the wonderful cases of pastries, you will see a number of selections for lunch. I had some pasta with alfredo sauce and a meat ball. Both were delicious. This little out of the way place was busy the whole time I was there. It is situated in a wonderful old restored neighbohood in Harrisburg near the Governor's mansion.