“Acceptable”

Ranked #38 of 552 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on the back side of lunch on a Sunday. It is obviously popular with some of the after church crowd in Harrisburg.

The best way to describe the restaurant is upscale homestyle cooking with a twist. They serve comfort food plus sandwiches with a gourmet twist.

We found our meal to be average. The meatloaf was OK, but a bit too salty. The mashed potatoes were probably fine, I couldn't tell because of all the gravy. The gravy was the real issue, incredibly salty and it was on everything. The lima beans were fine. The turkey sandwich had some good flavor combos, but was mismatched with focaccia bread. The fries were average. The service was adequate.

Nothing spectacular, but nothing horrible. Would I go again - maybe.

There are newer reviews for Peachtree Family Dining

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great breakfast spot! I go there at least once a week. Good prices and great service in my experience.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We read reviews that all said this place was just okay, but we decided to see for ourselves. I'm so glad we did. Our waitress was awesome, very friendly and sociable. We started with the bruschetta. It was described as having Parmesan cheese in it, but I could not find any. It didn't matter though, because it was still delicious. My husband ordered some sort of roast turkey pesto sandwich which he loved. My 3 year old ate her entire bowl of mac-n-cheese. I ordered their spicy penne vodka and requested it mild as I don't like really hot food. It came out of the kitchen and I could immediately tell it had been prepared by a chef, not just a cook. The presentation was both appetizing and professional. It is served with sausage mixed throughout, and though it still had a little heat to it, it was perfect. This was not your average penne ala vodka that most restaurants throw together. It was definitely prepared by someone with background and talent and was absolutely divine. My only regret was that we were on vacation and can't frequent this restaurant.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have eaten at Peachtree on many occasions, but not recently. The food has always been just average and the service merely adequate. However, this last Friday we decided to meet friends there before attending a local theater production which started at 7:30 p.m. We arrived at 6 p.m. (our friends a little earlier). The good news: new attractive menu (to us anyway) and the food was much improved. The bad, really bad news: the service was awful. Our order was not taken until 6:30, the food didn't come until 7:00 and even then not all at the same time. This left us 15 minutes to eat as fast as we could so we could be on our way by 7:15. Then we get to the register to pay and waited another 5 minutes because there was no one there to take our payment. I had to stop two waitresses to ask for assistance. By this time, there were 3 more people lined up behind us and several people waiting to be seated. Not a good experience at all. Let's see: we spent almost an hour and half at the restaurant, of which only 10-15 minutes involved actually eating. Not a well run business at all. We will not be back

2  Thank crazyforLondon
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ordered a greek salad with chicken. The portions are huge. The salad was fresh but something was missing. The kalamata olives were MIA in both my salad and my daughter's. When we mentioned it to the waitress she was quick to bring the olives and apologized for the error. It was a good value but the place needs a decor overhall. It's clean enough but looks a little run down. It is always busy, so there is more than average wear and tear.