“Excellent food!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dodge City Steakhouse
Ranked #23 of 533 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food here was amazing. Big portions but not too big like a chain restaurant. The presentation of the food was lovely too. The setting is cool and something off the beaten path and the service is awesome. This restaurant was featured once on a Food Network show as they have recently revamped the place. I would definitely eat here again!

• Visited October 2013

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“I Dream of Burger....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

If my waistline could afford it, I'd have the Tangler burger once a week. My God, it's that good! A great sharing appetizer is the "House Chips", which are addictive. Everyone in our party enjoyed the hand cut fries, and of course, THE BURGER. My Mother loves the fried oysters. I used to think Dodge was a white hair restaurant, but not any more. The chef also came out to greet us when things died down, so that also was a very nice touch. Thanks, Dodge City!

Allentown, PA
“Great steaks with wonderful service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited Dodge City on a rainy Saturday night with a party of 8. I made a reservation less than 4 hours prior to arrival and the hostess was very accomodating to both make a last-minute reservation and then change it when I called later as we were running late.
There was a very good guitar player/singer at the bar on this evening and the sound system was perfect to allow for a very unobtrusive sound level for the music for those of us eating in the dining room adjoining the bar.
We had an appetizer special (that I think should be made a regular part of the menu) which was amazing - it was a flatbread with sliced prime rib & mushrooms with a very nice balsamic sauce. I could have eaten 2 of them as my entire meal - it was that good!
The ribbon cut potato chip appetizer with smoked jalapenos, cheese sauce, and sour cream was done perfectly - the chips had a very nice crisp & golden brown character with not a single burnt chip. Seasoned perfectly as well.
The baked french onion soup gratin was pretty close to the best that I've ever had in a restaurant (and I always will choose this soup when I go to a new restaurant.) The broth was a rice dark brown color with a perfect salt level. The crouton was a good, hearty bread that did not turn to mush in the soup. The cheese was very nicely flavored and browned to perfection. The onions were nicely caramelized as well.
I had the 13 oz New York Strip done medium-rare - I always EXPECT a steakhouse to make a steak to the proper temperature, and this restaurant lived up to my expectation perfectly. The steak was lightly seasoned allowing the meat to stand alone which it did very well.
I had the potato cake with the steak. The potato cake was a bit over-seasoned on its own, but when eaten WITH the steak, it was a very nice tasting experience and should be tried for at least a portion of your steak if you should eat at this restaurant.
Dessert choices were ample and were very well done. I had a peanut butter pie that was very light and tasted great! My wife had the creme brulee - I had a bite (or two) and the custard was probably the best of any version of creme brulee that I have eaten. It was soft, light, and had a perfect amount of rich "egginess" to complement the perfectly caramelized sugar.
Our waitress was very knowledgeable about all of the menu offerings as well as the specials that were not on the menu. She was very friendly, attentive to our needs, and helpful without at all seeming over-bearing or overly attentive. The hostess, the owner, and the chef all made it a point to check on our table at one point or another during our dinner.
I also took notice that the chef did that with all of the other tables - a very nice touch and well-appreciated.
Next time I'm near Harrisburg and need a good meal at a pretty reasonable cost, I will definitely come back to Dodge City.
The cost of the meal was well worth it considering the quality of the food and service rivaled some higher priced establishments.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Everything on the menu is fantastic, you must eat here .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The food is freshly prepared and not run of the mill ingredients or taste. My wife and I have eaten here twice getting different entrees.

Martinsburg, Pennsylvania
“Bison Tacos! Yes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

With three adults and two small kids, our was a noisy table (sorry, fellow diners). My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her bison tacos as did her 5-year-old son his fish sticks. My wife thought her coconut chicken salad was very good, and the baby liked the bits of chicken that she shared.

My cold smoked ribeye was a mixed bag. It was prepared correctly and very smoky-tasting, but part of it was dry (odd for ribeye). Perhaps the smoking process dried it out.

All in all, a very nice dinner for the gang of five.