“Mixed Emotions”

Dodge City Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 539 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Mixed Emotions”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dodge City while on vacation after seeing it on Resterauant Impossible. Great atmosphere and the owner was very personable. Service was good and the food was hit and miss. My wife loved her coconut chicken salad (great portion also), my son and I ate off of the appetizer menu. His crab dip was terrible and my bison tacos were OK, probably wouldn't order them again. My house salad was best part of my meal.

• Visited August 2013

Dayville, Connecticut
“Howdy!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband & I stopped in to Dodge City after being in Gettysburg all day. I work in Harrisburg & drive by this restaurant every day. The interior has a definite Western atmosphere without being tacky. We were warmly greeted at the door & shown to our table. Our waitress, Jean, couldn't have been nicer or more attentive - she stopped by our table several times to see how we were doing & refilled our drinks without asking if we needed more. We started our meal with cups of very good soup - mine was the beer/cheese soup & my husband's was the lobster bisque. I had the filet mignon with potato pancakes, frizzled onions, asparagus & demi glaze. My husband had the haddock topped with crab & broccoli. Both meals were delicious & the presentation looked like something you would see in a magazine. We were at Dodge City on a Saturday night and there was a singer on the porch to entertain customers. A very nice place to eat & relax! Thank you!

• Visited August 2013
DC
“Wonder Restaurant - a must visit”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited Dodge City as part of a Restaurant Impossible odyssy we've started this summer. We were thrilled to discover this great restaurant in the outskirts of Harrisburg.

Every dish we had was delicious - both the Restaurant Impossible recipes and the restaurant's own recipes. The renovated decor is well done and enjoyable.

On our return trip we happened to be driving in the area in the late afternoon so we decided to stop in again and the second visit was just as enjoyable as the first. We've now had six different dishes and they were all excellent!

(note - don't miss the Ribbon potatoes, bison taco, and mushroom crabmeat appetizers, the unique ceasar salad, and the strawberry shortcake (with ice cream) and white chocolate creme brulee deserts).

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our very first visit to Dodge City. We had been wanting to try it since we had seen it on TV. We called and made reservations for a rather large party of 12. We were worried that it was too easy to get a reservation. We got to the restaurant and was even more worried because there were so few people there. However, it was a Sunday evening and we thought that might be the reason. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by a really pleasant hostess and our waitress was just as pleasant and accommodating. We ordered a wide variety of food from Filet to Veal Parm. as well as Chicken Finger kids meals. All the food was excellent and the portions were perfect, not too small and not too large. I would highly recommend giving Dodge City a try. I read many reviews that comment on the lack of patrons in the restaurant and I really just don't understand why it's not busier. The prices and food are very good and there is something for everyone on the menu. I hope to try it again next time we visit Harrisburg.

• Visited July 2013
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Great food and very accomodating”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went here in July 13 as part of an auto club meeting. The owner was very accomodating and the food was delicious. The only gripe we had was service was a little slow, but that might be because our waitress was spread between our party and the regular restaurant. I believe we plan on going back next year.

Visited July 2013