“Way overpriced”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Food was okay but not impressive. I think being on restaurant impossible has gone to their heads. Had to send back appetizer was cold in the middle (spring rolls). Wedge salad was very small for6 $. Usually served as a 1/4 of a head of lettuce but was barely an 1/8. All the entrees were around 30$ and were small especially for that price. Prices very high for the area. I could see paying more if the quality very high or unique. But all the dishes can be found elsewhere for less and the quality would be the same or better. 27 $ for a small piece of haddock over a few spoonfuls of rice is way too much. Would go back if they lower prices. If not there are lots of other restaurants to choose from in this town.

1  Thank Gary P
Doug K, Owner at Dodge City Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that your appetizer was cold and it had to be reheated for you. However I would like to correct some of the inaccurate information in your review. The haddock entree is an 8 oz. portion of haddock topped with a 4 oz. jumbo lump crab cake and a mango chile butter. It is served with rice pilaf and broccoli and the price is $21, not $27. Its actually quite unique and is not served at any other restaurant in the area. Our menu consists of 23 entrees with 2 above $30 and 21 below $25 and an average entree cost of $18.61. In regards to the wegde salad, it is not an entree and our portion is not based on the look, it is based on weight as every head of lettuce is different. Some heads are very small and some heads are large so in order to serve a consistant portion the portion size is based on weight. If you wish to verify this information our menu is available on our website.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Came here after traveling with 3 young kids for 5 hours. They were clearly packed and the hostess, who I think is the owner, was irritated and under pressure. She was rude and chastised me when I mistakenly followed her to the dining room. The waitress, however, was super friendly. The food took a long time, I guess a waitress had quit and the kitchen was backed up. The kids meals were wrong and had to be reordered so we ended up sharing our food with them while they waited. Fortunately the waitress brought out the wrong order for the kids to eat while their burgers were being cooked. A man, I believe the other owner, came out to check on us. He later apologized for the delay and mix up. It was a holiday weekend, someone quits, you get slammed at lunch, I can sympathize. The Riblets and fries were great, the kids grilled cheese was huge, burgers were good and it was served with oranges. My husband said the BBQ pork sandwich was ok, but I think he was irritated by the hostess and long wait for the food. The decor is nice inside, a good feel. The bathroom could be updated a bit to reflect the rest of it. Overall a good experience and I'm glad we went.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been wanting to try this restaurant ever since seeing it on "Restaurant Impossible" I called for reservations and had no problem getting one for dinner. Our waitress was very good at making recommendations and filling our drinks. The food was good and portions were average size. I had the chicken w/ crab and it was very good!!! It was a little expensive - for 6 of us our bill was $170.00. Next time we go it will be for a date night.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

it was okay food but smaller than we thought from the tv show... also seemed like nobody goes there... we asked around and a few people had no clue where it was... we went parking lot was empty we thought they were closed... went in the staff all 2 we saw were nice but we ate and were the only ones there at 5pm... the food is the best part of this place.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had better before. The people were very sweet and quick at serving us. I think it depends on what time you go there and if they are busy or not. To be able to tell how well your stay will be. The food was not the best thing ever.however the places decoration and workers make up for that.

1  Thank alylovestaylorswift