“Wow, impressive”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Have driven by this restaurant for years and never noticed it. Now that Chef Robert Irvine just filmed Restaurant Impossible there I had to stop and check it out. Not sure what I was missing since this was my first visit but I'll tell you, if they maintain the dinner menu and quality that Chef Robert designed then I will be back often. Decor was basic western, not overdone. Menu had something for everyone at reasonable prices. I had the cheese soup (incredible), filet with herb butter and truffle mac n cheese (mouthwatering), and key lime pie (freshest and tastiest ever). My friends had similar experiences with what they ordered. Like I said, prices are cheap to steep. Might just be a new Harrisburg fave for me. Oh yeah, you can be totally casual or dress up.

5  Thank TeamPA

Reviewed March 3, 2011

We (and most residents of Harrisburg) have been going to Dodge City for years. The menu is standard chicken-steak-seafood fare with a nice selection of sides; quality is consistently surperior and the price is right. (The homemade strawberry shortcake is exceptional.) The Wild West decor is a tad corny, of course, but amusing and several artifacts are generally of interest to first-time patrons. We eat here perhaps six to eight times a year and in October we host an out-of-town group of 20 or so who look forward to their visit here; they especially feel the wait staff is most welcoming.

2  Thank HarrisGreen
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We have been going to Dodge City for several years. We stop every time we go to Harrisburg. This is an approximate 50 mile (one way) trip for us. Each time we are recognized, treated wonderfully, the food is wonderful. We have NEVER had a bad or disappointing meal at Dodge City. I can't understand some of the other reviews. Dodge City, keep up the good work!!

4  Thank Chbgpa
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We've been going to Dodge City for 15 years. They have the best crabcakes in town! The food is always fresh and if you can make breakfast during the week, try the grilled cinnamin toast. I wish they served breakfast on the weekends because we can't get there too often during the week.

2  Thank sxyshell
Reviewed January 26, 2009

This place is horrible!! I too had seen the place and thought that it would be nice to try it out. I wanted to treat my mother to a nice dinner - BIG MISTAKE. The menu looked wonderful. We also were given the huff and puff treatment for not having a reservation - trust me I would have made one if I had an inkling that 5 p.m. on a Saturday was a "prime time." There was a lot of bluster while the "hostess" tried to "find" us a seating. At the time there were only two tables occupied. The whole time we were there there were many tables that were empty - I guess reserved for "family." I believe the only people who should patronize this place are relatives of the owners. My mother an I felt like unwelcome intruders. When we asked about getting a hamburger we were told that only dinners were being served, but that they could (huff, puff) make a "dinner" cheeseburger. They were way overpriced and just an average burger. The waitress almost civil, but we still felt like we were taking up space rather than enjoying a meal. - If you enjoy being treated like a pariah then this is the place for you! If you are looking for a good meal and pleasant atmosphere - Don't stop here!!!!! Keep looking and pass Dodge City - they don't want you there anyway.

4  Thank Adalelvr