“Fantastic sandwiches, and a wide variety of items.”
Review of Jackson House

Jackson House
Ranked #20 of 552 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I grew up in Philly and made a point of trying all the famous cheese steak joints. I think Jackson House has them all beat. The bread is trucked in fresh daily from South Philly, and the meat and toppings are just incredibly tasty and succulent. I usually go for the cheese steak hoagie, and I never ever regret it. Another favorite of mine is the Manhattan burger, with Swiss, slaw, and Russian dressing. I've had bites of friends' hoagies there too, and they are consistently excellent. I have not yet tried the roast pork sandwich (another Philly classic) but I feel I have to one of these days. I just know it's going to be good.

Make sure to try the birch beer while you're there. It's delicious, and I usually avoid sugary sodas, it's really a big treat.

I love the cheese fries here. I usually share an order.

The line can be long and seating can be difficult to find at peak times. Hours are limited, so plan ahead. But it is so worth it.

There are newer reviews for Jackson House

Reviewed April 13, 2013

this place is an experience. The burgers are top notch and made to order
I usually go for a hoagie or burger here
these two choices will satisfy anyone
ONLY OPEN FOR LUNCH
phone ordering can be an issue
always a line
go there and enjoy the food
GO EARLY OR LATE
BETWEEN1145 TO 100 always a line
closes at 3 I think
always a good choice if you have the time

1  Thank LARRYOTTER
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

April 12 2013
First time I tried to visit they were closed (they close at 2PM)
Second time I tried to visit they ran out of rolls
Third time was a charm; this place is a very popular lunch destination in the area due to their unmatched sub assemblages and burgers. It's always packed and if you arrive at the tail end of the shift, there is an increased chance of menu shortages. Get there before 1:30, don't call, and don't expect seating. I love this place and will return.
If you are expecting the staff to casually take your order and wait on you eagerly...go elsewhere, people go to Jackson House for the food, not smiling service staff.
Two thumbs up!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were in town on business and told this was the best place to order lunch. One member of our staff tried calling an order in. Twice no one answered and the third time she said a rude voice barked at her to hold and never returned to the line. At lunch three of us decided to walk over to the establishment. The place was crowded and our co-worker was right, counter staff was barking out orders and phone was going unanswered. After hearing an employee criticizing the customer ahead of us we decided to go elsewhere. While I don't agree that the customer is always right, in today's economy there's no need to spend hard earned money in an establishment that does not provide a professional level of service.

1  Thank PittsburghDavid
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Jackson House is only open during the week and not on weekends or Holidays. The place is always packed with a long line and it's tough to find parking. But they make the best burgers in Harrisburg and they are woth the wait. My favorite is the "Jackson Burger" with the "Lester - no hot sauce" a close second. The burgers are half-pounders so a burger and coupled with an order of fries will satisify even the hungriest of patrons.

1  Thank wharfdog