“Fast Food Cost, Much Better Value”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #102 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Was able to get a very tasty combination of french onion soup and asian sesame chicken salad for about the price of a fast-food combo. meal.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

Ordered an adult sandwich and a children's sandwich. Mine was fine in appearance and taste, although extremely skimpy. In fact, unless you opened up the bread slices you could not tell if, indeed, there was anything at all between the slices.
My son's roast beef sandwich is another story. It consisted of one, thickly-sliced, grey piece of meat with one slice of cheese- accompanied by a pickel. No garnish. As I brought our meals over to a table, I could not take my eyes off of his sandwich. It looked so incredibly pathetic and unappetizing that I could not allow him to eat it, nor could I bring myself to enjoy eating my own sandwich.
So, uncharacteristically, I decided that I would quietly bring my complaint to management- expecting an apology along with an offer to re-make the sandwich. Instead, I was embarassingly, and loudly, grilled repeatedly by 2 managers to explain exactly what I didn't like about the sandwich- in detail.
When it became obvious that management was looking to argue with me, instead of addressing my complaint- I asked for a refund. Then, went back to my table, shared my sandwich with my son, and vowed never to patronize Panera Bread again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 3, 2009

nice quiet place to eat lunch or dinner with friends or during a lunch break. the wi fi service is great for everyone. plus the food is awesome.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2008

a good reliable place when you are in a new town and are hungry as hell

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Nice place for lunch... soup/salad, bagels, etc..