“Good stop on a busy Friday”

Leeds Bar & Grill Limited
Ranked #59 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Good stop on a busy Friday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I were in the area for two days and wanted to have dinner at a decent place offering some alcoholic beverages. We were near a Chili's, but there was a long wait for seating so we decided to try Leeds. We were pleasantly surprised! We were seated promptly, the waitress was excellent and efficient. I had the Steak Salad which was very good although I thought the Dijon dressing was a little harsh. My husband had Chicken Marsala and said it was some of the best he has ever had. We will go back again when we are in the area.

Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
“An OK place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stopped with 2 grandchildren after a day of driving. Quality of food was average, quantity was above average. Had NO baked potatoe or mashed on a friday nite. Was told that neither was available at all that nite. This was about 5:00 so still early. found this kind of strange. My wife had the scallops: generous portion and very tasty. Decor is a little dated but has lots of private little corners. Easy to find if staying in the Harrisburg/Hersey area.

• Visited August 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Service questionable. Food just ok. Prices high.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Visited today for dinner. Party of 3 adults.

Great atmosphere...a very well kept establishment. First thing you notice upon looking at the menu is that the average entree is about $25. So it's a bit pricey.bur the menu is extensive, and if you can't find something to suit your interests, you're probably too picky.

Waitress was friendly, but she didn't write down our order, and I KNEW that was going to lead to trouble. Wait staff, you are impressing NO ONE by not writing things down. It's lazy, and it adds stress to your customers who just KNOW that you're more likely to make a mistake because you didn't write things down.

I ordered the creamy crab soup and a salad with Greek dressing as an appetizer. Soup just OK. Maryland style she-crab would have been much better. Greek dressing tasted like the oil drained out of a can of stuffed grape leaves. Disappointing. Something like Gazebo Room would have been better.

I ordered linguini with RED clam sauce. Waitress, who didn't write my order down, brought out linguini with white clam sauce. It tasted OK, but it was not what I wanted. Clams still in the shell on the dish. That may look nice, but I don't like having to scrape the clams out of the shells myself. I told the waitress about her mistake, and she was less than apologetic. Of course, she didn't write it down, so what would she know about what I ordered? I asked to at least get a side of the red clam sauce for my dish, and she said, "It's just marinara sauce anyway, so sure." Seriously?! Leeds doesn't really use a red clam sauce, but just dumps some clams in their marinara sauce? After hearing that, I'm not even interested in trying Leeds red clam sauce.

Wife ordered seafood chemise. Generous portion, unimpressive flavor. A bit disappointing.

Other person seemed happy with her Parmesan encrusted salmon. Again, a generous portion.

This was not a satisfying experience, though my previous visit here two years ago was satisfying.

• Visited August 2014
Illinois City, Illinois
“Tired of bad meals at Sheridan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Thought we would try because of poor food across the road and were very surprised. I had Caesar salad with tuna, very good, husband had Sea Bass over spinach with baked potato and he said it was the best Sea Bass he has every had. Drinks were 7.00 for Martini, compared to 13.00 at Sheridan. Restaurant is a little dated, but food made up for it. Our waitress couldn't have been nicer and helpful. Large parking area, we were in car hauler so made it easy to park. will go back whenever in Harrisburg.

• Visited July 2014
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Christmas time is the best time to visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The food is pretty good. Had a chicken Caesar salad. Not huge, but enough. Good atmosphere. We went several times - once at Christmas and it was beautiful. So beautiful!!!

• Visited December 2013