“Very Traditional Italian”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Very Traditional Italian”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Very traditional feel as you walk in. Not overly fancy, but nice and comfortable. When we got there at 6:30, it was almost empty. By 7PM the place was packed. My wife had a veal special with shrimp. Home made pasta noodles were excellent. We also had a salmon appetizer that was good, but pretty expensive for what we got. My wife is allergic to mixed greens, so she asked if the waiter could prepare a vegetable. He sautéed carrots and squash with olive oil and garlic. They should put THAT on the menu. I had the Vodka cream sauce and seafood which we also enjoyed. Prompt and friendly service. Nice night out to re-connect with my wife.

• Visited August 2014

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a great Italian dinner then grab a bottle of wine and head to Sammy's.
We have been here several times and the food is awesome. It is always piping hot and has so much flavor you will crave it until the next time you can visit.
The menu has so much to choose from. The staff is friendly and eager to please and chef Sammy's creations will melt in your mouth.

Indiana
“A real italian eatery”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a great dinner here with my brother-in-law, who lives in Harrisburg but had never eaten at Sammy's. Upon entering, we were the only diners on a week night but were quickly joined by other diners. Daily seafood and Italian specials abound. No cocktails, but understood that you could BYOB. (I'm not from Pennsylvania so I'm unfamiliar with the state's liquor licenses).

Our server was attentive and Sammy, the proprietor, prepared our meals. I had a crab meat over linguini entrée and chocolate cake (prepared by a local bakery) and wasn't disappointed. Entrees were ample, so ample my brother-in-law had to take a portion of his home.

A very wonderful place to eat; hope to return someday.

A short walk from Second Street business district has you there in about 8 minutes.

• Visited July 2014
PA
“Special Place”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Sammy's. Not our first time here. I had a ribeye special, well actually I had half a ribeye special because it was so large, and absolutely delicious. My husband had the eggplant rollatini, also delicious. Dessert was crème caramel - plenty to share and amazing. We have resolved to dine here more often, not just on special occasions, because Sammy makes each time special. Waiter was Tim and he was a pleasure.

Visited May 2014
“Terrible food”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here because the menu looked so tasty. The momemt we sat down and ordered its a byob restaurant their entrées are so expensive and they give so little. I ordered fettuccine alfredo it tasted like regukar boiled noodles the side salad was 5 huge pieces of lettuce and my boyfriend had almost the same with an exception of clams our order was almpst 80 totally not worth it. I'd rather spend 80 at red lobster or olive garden.

3 Thank Daynia P