“Not The Greatest Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area

Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hotel is great! Hotel has a small indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast served daily until 10.....waffles, juice, coffee, doughnuts, danish and cereals. Very close to Hershey Park...you need to drive there. Hotel is nearby plenty of stores/restaurants. Children are welcome in this hotel and a lot of families visit it. We got a great deal using AAA. We requested to be nearby a friend and they accommodated us. Rooms were not connected.

Room Tip: We stayed with 2 children in a room with 2 queens beds. We also stayed on the main level, close to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here with our 3year old and 5year old- and I really have nothing to complain about.
I got this hotel for $50 a night through priceline.
We were staying here for a night to go to hershey park.

CHECK IN:
It was the friday of Eater weekend and I had to wait about 5 min for somebody to show up at the desk. There was nobody at the front desk and the phone was constantly ringing.
I thought it was unprofessional but since it was a short wait-- I'm not making a big deal.

ROOM:
We had non-smoking 2 queen bedroom and it was spacious.
They had a microwave and waist tall fridge in the room, thought it was nice.
I have to say that the BEDDING was wonderful!! almost a quality of a 4 star hotel!
Linens were fresh, they had down filled white blankets and pillows. I just loved them!
Beds were firm... it definitely wasn't a 2-1/2 star hotel quality bed- rather 4 star quality!
Bathroom was sparkly clean and even luxurious looking with granite counter tops and tiles.
Bathtub had those extended round shower curtains for more room and I always appreciate that.
Towels were plenty for 4people- they also had nice smelling shampoo, lotion and soap.
we all loved the smell! you really don't get that quality at a cheap hotel.
The room also had a nice LCD tv and a work desk with free wifi. Wifi worked like a charm!
I also liked a large full body mirror by the bathroom door with a nice closet behind it.
I was simply clean, spacious and comfortable and what else can you ask for a $50 room?
It exceeded my expectation.

POOL:
We spent some time in the pool and its really perfect for kids. It was cozy, so we were less concerned about keeping our kids so close to us. My kids had fun in their floaties!
Hot jacuzzi tub was nice- wish it was hotter but since it was warm,, kids enjoyed as well.
If you're an adult wanting a lab swim- it's not for you.
I never like the chlorox smell of indoor pools and it was same here. I started getting a headache after awhile... but that's very typical for indoor pools.

FREE BREAKFAST:
I loved the breakfast they offered! variety of things from muffin, donuts, yogurt, apples, oranges, cereals, hot waffles, oatmeals, fountain drinks to coffee/tea!
It was quite nice but it was just tooo busy, filled with people since it was easter weekend.

CHECKOUT:
Checkout was a breeze,,, they only held $10 on my credit card. Maybe because I booked through priceline??
oh, by the way... parking was spacious and free as well!
They had nice looking hibachi/Japanese restaurant right next to the hotel.

OVERALL:
I would've stayed here more than a day. It was very nice for the price I've paid.
Especially beds were wonderful! highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles