“Liked your treadmill!”

Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Your room rates were very reseasonable. The hotel was clean and attractive. The service staff were especially friendly and helpful. In our family group, we needed two rooms. The person registering us made special arrangements to keep our rooms close together.

I worked out in your fitness room, and I wanted to say that I really like your treadmill. It is the easiest to program and the most responsive treadmill that I have ever used. I have forgotten what brand name it was. Could you tell me, please, what brand and model of treadmill you have in your fitness room. I want to look for one like it for my home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

As any hotel stay - it's not the same as home, but with a little effort things could be better. Your pillows are so soft there is no substance to it. It would be nice to have a selection of pillows available. I'm a side-sleeper and the pillow pushed to the crook of my neck and above my head and I was left with mattress to sleep on. Not comfortable. More doesn't help - at some point it's just bulk. Also, there were inconsiderate guests checking in across the hall from me at 12:30 - 1:00 am in the middle of the night and they were slamming doors. When I called the front desk, they acted as if there is nothing they could do about it. Maybe there isn't, but it would have been nice if there were some selection of rooms set aside with exterior entrances, for late-arriving guests....
I indicated below that not all the staff was in uniform - it was the nicest, most-helpful staff member that wasn't and I really don't care what she was wearing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline for a last minute trip to Hershey. Because I booked through Priceline, I found out when we checked in that there was only one bed and there were four of us. The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful and got us a cot for the room. I really appreciated this because it really wasn't his problem that I booked through Priceline. The room was small but clean and we were only in it for about 8 hours, so it was fine. While the rest of the family got ready in the morning, I went down and checked out the free breakfast. NO THANKS! There was nothing there that looked close to appealing. Even for free, we could not be bothered and went to McDonalds for some hotcakes. We did not use the indoor pool. It looked clean but very small.

Overall, this was a fine place for a one night stay for $55.00. I would not want to stay here for a longer Hershey visit. I also woulf not want to pay much more than $75.00 to stay here. Skip the breakfast if you do stay here.

Room Tip: Be careful of booking through Priceline if there are more than 2 in your group.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel, but not the first time to Harrisburg. Check in went well and front desk staff was polite. What looks like the older end of the building has a ramp to get to the second floor since there is no elevator on that end. Our room was at that end of the hall so that was no biggie. The room was decent, however the bathroom was very small. The door hit the toilet every time you opened or closed it. There was a high step into the tub with nothing to grab onto and then felt very close to the ceiling. The beds were slightly hard, but not awful. Continental breakfast is in the other building; you can walk through so you don't have to go outside. It is a cold breakfast including cereals, pastries, yogurt, and there is a waffle maker. Hotel is located very closely to I-81

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Traveled with my pet, her first hotel stay. All went well! Arrived late at hotel aafter a long drive and was greeted warmly with no problems at check in or during my 2 night stay.
Was busy with family at Hershey Park and did not have opportunity to experience all
facilities that hotel had to offer, hope to on next visit .

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Room was comfortable with 5 of us. Front desk girl was very friendly. Breakfast was ok. Pool left a little to be desired manly because of other guests. Would stay again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just a visit... Called prior to confirm my visit, was told I could no longer have a
Non smoking room. I asked to speak to a manager, but Dave, the front desk
Agent refused to let me. And continued to yell at me!

When I got to the hotel, I asked for a manager, I explained what had
Happened and her reponse was that Dave tends to get flustered and over react.
I was not happy with her reponse!

Also, I killed a spider the size of a quarter when I got in our room.
I asked for bug spray, and was told it would be brought to our room.
We stayed for two days, no bug spray. Awful service!