Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$187
$172
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$169
$139
Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$77
$76
QualityInn
$134
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
$107
SleepInn
$67
$70
$154
1,503 results
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastpool and hot tubwafflesbreakfast areainterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Don't let the front desk person (who was really unhelpful) put you in Building A if you choose this hotel. It is awful; smells musty and damp....close to the pool....has a pool smell .
Mop bucket left in the hall way all three days we were there.

Really, choose a different hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mj R
Reviewed January 14, 2012

First of all, half the hotel (the main building B where the lobby is) looks nice. I got stuck in building a, and as soon as i went through the door to building A, the decor is terrible and there were two huge sections of ceiling tile that were falling down and water was everywhere, the hotel just had mop buckets to catch the water and bell boy carts to "fence" the area off. In the room, i used the coffee maker. For one, worst coffee ever, if you open the coffee packet, it smells like burning hair and is worse when brewed. Two, the coffee maker is one that takes a ROUND coffee pod. They have SQUARE brewing packs, so the coffee is 1/2 water. At that point, it is worthless to have a brewer in the room. Also, the coffee maker leaked water all over the desk and nearly ruined my folio. I avoided disaster the first night and left housekeeping a note that the brewer was broken/leaking. I brewed again the next day to check if they did anything about the issue; NOTHING WAS DONE, they left the same leaky/broken machine in the room and just neatly coiled the cord around the unit and threw my note away. On the second night there, i went to enter the side door (closest to my room) and the key didn't work. I entered the main door and walked all the way to the end of the hotel to my room and the key didn't work in the room door either so i had to hike back to the front desk to wait for 4 minutes to be greeted by the front desk employee who was in the office behind the wall (where he could see me on the monitor thanks to the two surveilance cameras). He informed me that the key had been programmed by the employee at check in for 2 days, although my stay was booked for 3 days. This property is a joke and the 'manager' clearly employs idiots to run the business. Additionally, the continental breakfast was a black lining on the cloud, it was good, but really the worst continental breakfast i've ever had. 2 waffle makers, juice, coffee, milk, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, apples and oranges in baskets and a handful of yogurts in a fridge. Nothing else. this could have come from a vending machine. Any other continental breakfast at least has crappy 'powdered' scrambled eggs and microwave bacon or saugage (i don't eat pork but appreciate the effort). Needless to say, it would take a unique set of HORRIBLE circumstances for me to personally stay or allow anyone i meet to stay at this property. I thought Ramada had standards, apparently those have diminished significantly or been thrown out the window entirely.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, make sure they put you in Building B (Main Building with the lobby)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GoEERS_12
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Was leery, never stayed at a Ramada. It had better reviews than others in the area and said it was newly remodeled. Difficult to get to - could see it, but hard time figuring out the driveway! Very good for the money - desk staff great. Room quite clean, but you could tell it was worn. Carpet appeared newer. A musty smell almost like it was a smoker room in the past.
Typical low quality bkfst buffet. Had fresh apples and oranges and of course waffles (I despise waffles!!)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights to go to Hollywood casino, and didn't want to leave my room. Was a little diffacult to find at first and after seeing the room, worth the hassle to get there .. lol. The jacuzzi and fireplace made it so romantic, we did have issues with the AC, nothing major just wouldn't run long. Didn't try the breakfast although the room looked nice, and clean. Front desk very friendly. Overall I Deffinatly recommend this hotel, and will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel has the potential to be nicer than it is. They have taken the time to put in place nicer furniture, beds, and shower rods and heads. The continental breakfast wasn't all that bad, and the coffee was decent. The price was definitely affordable. But we had no shower curtain. We had to leave for a business meeting at 8:00 AM, so calling the front desk at 6:30 AM would only have made us late. My family was with me, and we had requested a crib. We even called prior to arrival to make sure the crib was in the room and received assurances that it was. But it was not. We had a large sticky spot on the carpet in our room. And the entrance reeked of spoiled food or vomit when I checked in. So far, management has been completely unresponsive to our concerns.

Room Tip: Beware of second story rooms in the back -- though they are very quiet, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business