“Dinner with wife”

Joe K's Brewhouse
Ranked #182 of 578 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

First I would like to say thank you Joe K’s for free dinners on Fridays for veterans . Now for dinner my wife and I both had steam pots. They were very good had crab legs shrimp sausage potatoes and corn. Everything was excellent with just the right amount of spice. We also had peanut butter chocolate pie for dessert. The pie was great . Our server was very friendly and service was fast . We will be back.

1  Thank Grim128

Reviewed October 27, 2017

It's just not that hard. No clue why they can't do better. Who knows. Went for live music/benefit. Bands were good.. food/service was poor. Basically had to be our own servers... go get menu, go place order, go get drinks, go ask for items they forgot to bring. Side Note: PennLive just listed results of monthly food inspections and this place is "Out of Compliance". Too many sickening issues to list. Be warned for your health... don't eat here!

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I called to see if they had call ahead seating. The girl said we would have no problem getting seated when we arrived. We got there and there was one other table of people besides us 5. She wasn't lying about no wait. Lol.I asked the waiter about their menu. I had looked at their website and the menu had steak and different steam pots to choose from. The menu we got had nothing like online menu. Waiter kept apologizing saying they changed the menu and no longer serve steak. They only have one steam pot. They used to come out in little pots and were full. My daughter went here in June and they had a menu like the one online. Now the steampots come out in little black pans with the seafood sitting in a plastic french fry basket. Same price though. Was not impressed at all. We did like our waiter and tipped him nicely. The place was dead all nite. At least the waiter went home with some money.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Recently visited Joe K's Brewhouse to see a local band play. This was my first time here - it used to be a Charlie Brown's restaurant. They kept much of the old décor, and added a stage area for local band performances. We had appetizers and beer before the show, and snacked through the show and had a few beers. My only complaint is that they skimp on their beer portions - after the first beer, they get smaller, and smaller. Had (3) beers and each was a different size (same beer).

Reviewed May 14, 2017

Decided to try somewhere that was close that we'd never gotten around to trying last night in Joe K's. Went early (5P) assuming we'd need to beat the Saturday rush. Turned out it wasn't necessary as when we left at 6:15 it was mostly empty. We were quickly seated in a nice booth with a view. Floor a little sticky, but otherwise fine. We were well taken care of by waitress (first week on the job) that gave good attentive-without-being-bothersome-service throughout the night. She kind of looked like Fergie. Went with the Crab Dip as starter (waitress confirmed it was good). Served quickly and anticipated the normal "molten" problem of a cheese covered deep dish. Was surprised that is was only warm and quickly cold. Taste was good, but couldn't get over the temp. Not a hint of steam. Wife and I both went for Steam Pot crab/shrimp specialty. When it arrived we were warned that the bottom pots they came in were very hot so watch out. You'd think that would mean the food would be the same. Not so. The pile of food, especially the crab was only warm. In fact, the tips of the crab legs were literally cold. It had been over cooked by consistency of the shells. No need for the crackers as the shells were spongy and the meat inside mealy rather than firm. My wife went with the Old Bay seasoning. You'd think that meant cooked in Old Bay, but what it really turned out to be was basic steamed with an excess of Old Bay dumped on top of everything - crab, shrimp, corn, potatoes. Over-powering amount. Not in the mood for dessert. Check was delivered and cleared promptly - very important to me. They we will not swear off it, there are many other places we'll go before we return here.

1  Thank Randy W