“Home Run”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Orlando, Florida
“Home Run”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great Hotel with inviting lobby and complimentary coffees and cool drinks. Staff was professional. Great clean, updated rooms with nice bathrooms and upgraded soaps and shampoos. Reasonable priced food prices and ideal location for shopping and airport access.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Franz GR,

We appreciate your business and positive post about your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East.

Our location seemed like a perfect fit for your needs! I am glad we could accomadate you. Our team really tries to exceed your expectations and we do sincerely appreciate the FIVE TA Circle grade. I will pass that on to all responsible. Don’t forget that our location is a great hub and spoke starting point for visiting Hershey Park, Gettysburg and Lancaster. We hope to see you back!!

william.duffy@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Pleased. It was comfortable, quiet and clean. The staff was friendly upon my arrival and my room was nice. The location is good because of its proximity to the freeway, some restaurants, a gas station and a mall. My only complaint (which was addressed immediately) was my carpet was not vacuumed when I checked in but one of the front desk staff responded promptly and vacuumed the carpet. She was very nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear germatt2,

Thanks for your business and "nice" posting about your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East.

As I have said before many folks comment about our friendly staff. We truly have a team the WANTS to serve!! I’m glad we responded immediately to your request for carpet treatment.

You discovered our very accessible location to Central PA. Many people use us for Harrisburg related business and for visiting Hershey, Gettysburg and Lancaster.

We look forward to your return.

Elk Grove, CA
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We liked this stay so much, that we just booked 2 nights at the Universal City Hilton Gardens. We arrived near midnight and the hotel attendees were extremely friendly, helpful and socialable for being so late. They even had the shuttle ready at 5:30 for us to leave on ouor departure date. Enjoyed this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear HNBJ Elk Grove,

Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed even in the wee hours of night and day!!
I am so glad the Hilton Garden Inn Brand experinced here hopefully created another positive experince on your next getaway.

On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business!

Warnerville NY
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this Hilton property, but for some reason forgot to review it. Mea culpa, and here we go...

I stay in so many Hilton Garden Inns that they are all blending together. This one is typical in all the good ways -- beautiful lobby, good rooms, good bathrooms, lovely breakfast buffet. I did have one or two problems with this one -- the bed was not the best -- there was a "divot" so that instead of contouring to my body I felt like I was sleeping on a very plush roller coaster track. Also, the sink drained very slowly. A mention at the front desk took care of matters with a swift apology and some unasked-for but appreciated extra Hilton points.

The breakfast buffet was not a help-yourself sort of thing but instead was a waitress-takes-your-order affair. I will say that my usual "test" for the kitchen -- one egg omelette, very thin, well done, with various ingredients -- was perfect two days in a row.

Trips to Harrisburg are infrequent for me, but I will look forward to coming back to this hotel to see if they can get from four to five TA circles. I certainly think they can.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveling Psychic,

Thanks for your business and the specific review of your recent positive experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East.

We are blessed with many team members who really take pride in service to others. I am very happy that we exceeded your breakfast expectations. Sometimes minor mechanical issues arise. I am glad our team responded to correct the drain and bed and made sure you left satisfied.

I hope to meet you when you return to our hotel. And we are ready to provide TA 5 circle service!!

Haverford, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is an excellent Hotel, the Staff is awesome and it is a perfect location while attending any of the Global Life Center Conferences or meetings. There are is beautiful and would make for a nice stay no matter what your reason.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert L,

I have passed along your wonderful comments to our team members responsible for your last visit at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East. Thanks for your patronage and we will continue to our focus on wowing our guests which are the most important element of our business!!
Warm regards,

Frederick
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Attended a business meeting here. What a beautifully maintained facility. That pretty much sums it up. Clean rooms, halls, restrooms. Decorated tastefully. Comfortable seating. Ample tech equipment. Everything went smoothly. Not even one constructive critisism.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank clearly13
Dear clearly 13;

Thanks for your business and taking a moment out of a busy schedule to post these positive comments about the Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East.

Our hotel is many things to both the business and leisure traveler. We hear time and again from both types of guests about our friendly team members, convenient location and nice amenities. I am glad you experienced our meeting services and had a chance to taste our food.
Remember us the next time should you want to experience nearby Hershey Park, Gettysburg and Lancaster.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Harrisburg. The rooms are very nice, the staff is both friendly and helpful and the food very good.....especially the breakfast. If the room had HD programming I would have given it an "excellent."

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bill F,

Thanks for your business and recent review!

We have plans in late winter 2014 to upgrade all guest rooms to HD content !!
This year we upgraded our wi-fi, lobby and business center. WE do have HD content in all public areas now.

I will pass along your kind comments about our staff and am glad your cooked to order breakfast exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit!!

Warm regards,