“Would be excellent if the room had HD”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Newton, Massachusetts
“Would be excellent if the room had HD”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Harrisburg. The rooms are very nice, the staff is both friendly and helpful and the food very good.....especially the breakfast. If the room had HD programming I would have given it an "excellent."

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Bill F,

Thanks for your business and recent review!

We have plans in late winter 2014 to upgrade all guest rooms to HD content !!
This year we upgraded our wi-fi, lobby and business center. WE do have HD content in all public areas now.

I will pass along your kind comments about our staff and am glad your cooked to order breakfast exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit!!

william.duffy@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was a peaceful stay, quiet rooms, comfortable beds. Very nice accommodations. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurant staff waited on us quickly, food was good. Full hot breakfast made to order. We were very happy and would definitely stay here again if required to be in Harrisburg

Dear Trip Advisor Member
Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. Many people like our focus on fresh made to order breakfasts and dinners. Many guests love to customize their sleep experience with our innovative sleep system.
On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business!

Best regards,

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My experience in this hotel was great. It is quit and location is good. The surrounding area has great eating establishments and relax outside with a cup of coffee. Cons - traffic on the near major interstate. If you are heading on business 20-30 minutes away, I suggest leaving the hotel approximately 15 minutes earlier than you originated plan. The gym is a little small but good to get in a good workout. Otherwise, it is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Plan your road trip to get to your location on good time; traffic on the major interstates can get p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Laus Deo,

A big Thanks for your business and Trip Advisor post. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable. We just finished our lobby improvements in September and in March are replacing all LCD Tv's with new HD 42 " TV's with HD content. Certainly at times traffic can add to travel time. I must say though my 8 miles to work in Harrisburg daily at rush hour is at most 20-25 minutes verses the 45-60 minutes in Pittsburgh I used to travel.

We hope to see you when you travel back East!!
Moravian Falls, NC, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The service at the front desk was very friendly and efficient; the hotel lobby very pleasant and homey. The beds were definitely a 'cut above', although mine wouldn't get quite soft enough, but slept well. The only complaint was the infernally slow drain in the lavatory.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Lucinda G,

We appreciate your choice of lodging and the time taken to post a very nice Trip Advisor We just finished a lobby upgrade which you saw, and I'm pleased that our guest service team helped make your stay most enjoyable.

I regret the slow drain you encountered. Our maintenance team has resolved that issue.

We hope we have the pleasure of accommodating your lodging needs next time in Harrisburg.

Chambersburg, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel has 24 hour airport shuttle service as well as lets you leave your car there while vacationing. It is only a 15 minute ride to the airport. The room was clean and the staff was nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dawn L,

We appreciate your business and the Trip Advisor post. Our hotel does have a good location just 15 minutes from the airport, Harrisburg and the Hershey attractions. We do accommodate many "park & rides" to the airport with our free shuttle for hotel guests.
Please come back on your next fly -out!!

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family stayed here for 1 night. The hotel gives a lot for a reasonable amount of money. It is only 15 minutes from Hershey Park which wasn't a problem for us. The room was clean, a decent size, the check in staff was very friendly. I have had issues with other hotel chains, but Hilton has always stood behind there product so I continue to give them my business. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again. It even has a bar and limited room service for a nice price. A good deal all around.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Barbara V,

A big Thanks for your business and Trip Advisor post. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East. We do attract many loyal guests due the ease and short drive to Hershey attractions. Keep in mind one can also “hub & spoke” to the Lancaster & Gettysburg attractions as well with excellent highway access and a 50 minute drive.
Our restaurant is a cut above the stereotyped hotel encounter. We make sure our selection and price point is also appealing to families and children. We even make Pizza from scratch and have a children’s menu. Steaks, pasta, salads and sandwiches round out our offering. Our chef is working on new items for this coming season.
We hope to see you back!!
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel about a month ago. I just have not had the time to write my review. There was a mouse in my room! I spoke to someone at the front desk then Bill (the manager) came out. He was very rude with a condescending tone. I was very upset and a bit panicked and I felt like he was making fun of me. I was so upset...even more upset than when I saw the mouse. Thankfully the girl at the front desk her name is jashnia was very nice and understanding and managed to calm me down a bit. They did refund my room but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travoltanation
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Travoltanation,

We certainly regret and apologize for the experience you described. As the person who spoke with you, I also regret that you perceived my personal response as anything less than genuine. It was intended to show concern and apply the appropriate response for the value of your room. We provided a full refund.
We take all guest comments seriously and immediately respond to any life safety or health concerns. Two managers and our pest control company found no evidence of any presence in your room. We do have routine-repetitive pest control program contracted with an experienced and licensed vendor that keeps our hotel free of these outside pests.

Let’s move forward and look at our experience as a misunderstanding and I invite you for a return visit. Our hotel has many great team members such as Jeshanah and several excellent customer experiences posted to this site. We hope to see you in the future.