“Best stay ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Ashburn, Va
“Best stay ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I travel a good bit for work, and I like the Hilton Garden Inns pretty well across the board. This hotel, however, took hospitality to a whole new level. I was greated each morning in the lobby, and even though I was grabbing breakfast to go, the wait staff was eager to make sure that I had everything that I wanted. I had an opportunity to spend an afternoon in the lobby area catching up on emails and such. The desk clerk continued to check in to see if I was OK, and had one of the waItresses check on me for a glass of wine when the bar opened. Pretty awesome! But the best part was the morning after an overnight weather front left a coat of ice and snow on the cars, as I went out prepared to scrape, I found a young man was already clearing my car. This hotel gets it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Knomad2,

Thanks for your business and kind remarks about your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East. Our team continually looks for ways to give value and service to our guests over and above. I will pass along to our team that their efforts are noticed!
Please ask for me next time your at our hotel so I have a chance to personally thank you for your patronage.

Best Regards,

JD Powers Award Winner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
WILLIAMSBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

On the last evening of my stay there was a icy snow storm. The next morning, I discovered that the hotel had scraped all the guests' vehicle windshields and raised the wipers so that they would not be frozen to the windshield. I have never been in a hotel that provided that type of service. Every employee I encountered was pleasant and welcoming. I will certainly return when I have business in this area!

Dear FJA 1726,

Thanks for your business and kind remarks about your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East. Our team works hard in trying do do things our guest needs and to provide memorial experiences.

Best Regards,

JD Powers Award Winner
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stay here twice a month for 2 /3 days each trip and have found the staff very helpful and understanding. Rooms are clean and inviting and the free WI-Fi is a plus. Working away from home can be a bit overwhelming sometimes which makes my stays here a bit more comfortable...

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Stepehn i,

We love business travelers and just invested in a large bandwidth expansion to our WIFI. Glad that you had a chance to experience this free service! Keep in mind we are a great place to bring your family too to enjoy nearby Hershey Park, Lancaster and Gettysburg.

Looking forward to seeing you back!

Warm regards

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband wanted to surprise me with a getaway for the night at a hotel. This hotel was halfway between where he works and I work. When my husband went in, the front desk agent asked about why we were there and he told her. Jesshannah was really nice. She set us up with a good rate that included breakfast, and then she even made up a small gift bag with a card. I felt welcome, and it was a good place for my birthday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Ann W,

We appreciate that you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East for your very special occasion, and telling us about the enjoyable stay.

We have passed along your comments to our team as they do appreciate hearing about how their efforts made a positive impact on our guests.

Our Bed and Breakfast package does save you a lot as well and we are glad you were able to enjoy our fresh, cooked to order breakfasts. Should your plans include us in the future, be sure to check out our Romance package on line!

Warm regards,
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here for our son's wedding and booked a number of rooms and had a dinner here as well. The staff was friendly and courteous and went out of their way to accommodate us. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the refrigerator and microwave were bonuses. The breakfast was great and gave us space to get together with friends and family in the morning. Being near the mall and several restaurants made it even more convenient. It is convenient to highways so it was easy to get to many other locations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Laura W,
Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently while attending the wedding.
I would like personally like to thank you for your business!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently spent one night in Harrisburg after visiting the historic sights at Gettysburg, with a trip to Hershey on the next day. It was a fine, suburban hotel, whose location held special appeal for me.

Location

We'll start right with it. The hotel is in a small office park on the outskirts of Harrisburg. However, immediately adjacent to the hotel is a shopping mall with a giant Bass Pro Shops. I love browsing at Bass Pro, and my wife and I scored some Black Friday deals. Also, on the other side of the hotel is a Lancaster Brewing Co. Restaurant. The only thing I love more than huge outdoor-themed stores is craft beer! It's also only 15 minutes from Hershey. So, in short, the hotel's location really worked for me.

Room

We had a regular King bed room. It was like almost every other chain hotel room. The bed was large and comfortable, the TV had lots of channels, and the bathroom did not feel cramped. The refrigerator was not working when we arrived, but it wasn't a big deal because we were only staying the night. I noticed the next morning that somebody had unplugged it, maybe to charge a phone? Maybe there are not enough outlets in the room. Also, the shower has a multi-position massaging shower head, but something seemed to be wrong with it, and it would not switch positions. Not really a big deal.

Other

There was a bin of cookies at the front desk at check in. They were delicious. A nice touch. There is a pool. We hadn't planned on using it, and it was a good thing, because every time we passed, it was filled with screaming children. There is a restaurant/bar that we did not visit. We looked at it for breakfast, but there were no seats available. I didn't really interact with the staff, but they did smile when we entered and exited.

Overall, this hotel worked out really well for us, for the reasons outlined above. However, I can see how it may not fit everyone's needs or desires.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MadMaxEsq
Dear Mad max esq,

Thanks for taking valuable time to detail your recent stay , at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
I will pass along your positive and constructive comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. I am glad you visited Hershey and Gettysburg since we are a good in-between location.
We will work harder to make sure appliances are not unpluged for new guests.

On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Selected this resort because as a Hilton member, they offered a package deal that included one room with free breakfast from the restaurant menu. Although we didn't get a chance to take advantage of it, we took a small tour to find the indoor pool. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, especially because we were able to individually order what we wanted instead of a buffet breakfast. Parking lot is well lit, an important thing to note when arriving late after a day in Hershey Park. Also, it's just a few miles from Hershey and easily accessible from major highways. Will definitely select this location again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear FamilyTravel4me,
Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your "wonderful" experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently, while visiting Hershey.
I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. I am glad you noticed our our bed and breakfast special and took advanatge of the deep discount it offered.