I am brand new to TripAdvisor and this is my first post. I found out about TripAdvisor by overhearing a guest at this hotel tell the clerk that he was going to give a bad review on here because she didn’t get a free breakfast! The pettiness of some people are amazing. I have stayed here about 5 or 6 times in the past several months. Each time, my expectations have been exceeded So here is my review of this Hilton Garden Inn from check-in to check-out from my last stay a few days ago:
Check in went fine… I was greeted by the front desk clerk (I think his name was Mark) who promptly got me checked in and on my way to my room. Even though I’m in the area frequently, he was helpful in suggesting a restaurant that I wasn’t familiar with and boy was the food awesome! (I’ll write a review on them soon too!) I have eaten in the hotel restaurant before and enjoyed it.. but was just in the mood to get out for the evening.
When I got to my room it was nice and clean. All the furnishings still look new and it has a nice big flat screen TV, computer desk with a VERY comfortable roller-chair and a sitting chair with foot stool. They have adjustable mattresses and they are awesome. I would love to have one of those at home! Everything was in great condition. The hotel must not be very old, or else they recently went through an update.
They have indoor and outdoor pools and a fitness center which I didn’t use, but the hot tub is a great way to relax after working hard all day. The free wifi was adequate for my surfing and business needs and the business center has printing and fax capabilities too.
All of my interactions with the staff has been pleasant and they always acknowledge you when you walk through the lobby. On a previous stay when I needed to have maintenance check on my air conditioning unit (which wasn’t broken, it was just that some dummy …. Me… didn’t know how to work it!) was quick to arrive and very professional. Everyone here seems to go above and beyond and seems to enjoy what they do.
On my first trip to this hotel, I found it a little hard to find, it’s in a business park area, but it’s the perfect location for my needs (East side of Harrisburg) and has easy access to the Hershey and Lancaster areas. They will even pick you up at the airport in their shuttle if needed. I usually drive in so I can’t comment on that service.
All in all, I have always had a very positive experience with my stays here. I’m usually pretty easy going but can be kind of picky when paying for a service and will let a business know about any problems that I have and give them a chance to remedy the issue (and now that I’m on TripAdvisor, leave reviews – positive or negative, whichever is deserving) I know all stays are not going to 100% glitch free, but I have never had a reason to second guess my visit at this hotel. It’s my first choice when I stay in the Harrisburg / Hershey area.
After reading some of the reviews on the site about the hotel, I am wondering if maybe they are just a retaliation type review like the one I mentioned who was upset for not getting free breakfast. Some of those claims are pretty far out there. Maybe I’m just one of the ones who has had consistent great service and rooms though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East hotel is conveniently located only 8 miles from Hershey Park Theme Park and all Hershey attractions, including Hershey's Chocolate World, Hershey's Giant Center, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, and Hershey Gardens. Experience Downtown Harrisburg only 5 miles away! Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East is a hop, skip and a jump away from The Harrisburg East Mall and The Bass Pro Shop. A short drive will lead you to many exciting locations such as Gettysburg Battlefields, and the beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Located in TecPort Business Park Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East offers friendly service, deluxe accommodations, complimentary shuttle service to and from Harrisburg International Airport and a relaxed atmosphere for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East Hotel Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Harrisburg