“Worst Experience...Stay Away from this Place Please !!!!! Specially Families with decency”

Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is a worst place we have ever stayed...We had to leave this place in the middle of night because of such an arrogant rude behavior of lady at reception. I;m sure you would ask the reason...we called the hotel and they asked 99 USD + tax . Immediately we looked at priceline and it was available to 57 per night. We booked three rooms and the story started from there.the hotel receptions/owner would not tolerate us for a second. The batch room were filthy...she screamed at us in front of our kids and asked us to leave repeatedly.........kids were scared as they had never seen such a human being in their life.... We booked another 3.5 star hotel nearby at the middle of the night and had to leave. The entire trip is ruined because of greedy fellows......I'm sure if you are from a decent family you'll stay away from this hotel.....and priceline as well who choose to display these kind of hotels in their search results... price line we were three families and this was our last booking with you. Thank you

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sweetdaughter

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night on our way home. Got a coupon from the Hotel Coupon book, which described it as new. NO WAY! Reception was cool, the room was generic, 2 soft double beds, old style tv (no problem with that). But the worst thing was the THIN walls. You could hear everything in adjoining room, even the one below us. Didn't sleep a wink from noise from other rooms. There is much that needs updating here. Door and walls are dirty. Breakfast was minimal, but I guess for 50$, this is what one gets. We are not returning here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We were on the tail end of a 2 week road trip this week and needed a hotel for one night. We reached Harrisburg and decided we would stop for the night here. We had those travel coupon books you pick up at the rest areas and Scottish Inn was advertised in one of them. It was advertised as "brand new" so we decided we would stop here because it was "new". There were only a few cars in the parking lot so we figured the hotel was not booked. We went into the lobby, there was no one at the registration desk so we waited a few minutes and then rang the bell on the desk. After a few more minutes, a young man appeared. We asked for a room and if they would honor a coupon, he answered yes and that was all he said. He handed us a room key and didn't tell us anything about the breakfast, where anything was located, etc. It was the most unfriendly experience we have ever encountered, and we travel all the time.

The room was the typical size of most of the hotel rooms, two queen beds, with very soft mattresses, bedspreads and bedskirts were all wrinkled, window had one curtain and no sheer curtain so you could let in the light but have your privacy.

The bathroom was very small, the sink faucet had a constant drip, we tried to tighten the handles but it still dripped, very annoying sound all night. We didn't bother to notify the front desk because of the registration experience and the unfriendliness we received. We would have gone elsewhere but we were tired of driving and just wanted to settle in for the night.

There was no mico or fridge so you could keep drinks cold, etc. We had fridges in all the hotels we stayed in except this one. We had soft drinks and my husband's diabetic drinks that we kept in the cooler then put in the fridge to keep cold til we were back on the road in the morning. In order to get ice from the ice machine, you had to use your room key card and the ice machine was on the second floor.

The breakfast only had 2 types of cereal, bagels, toast, beverages. Again, not what all the other motels offered us. No one came and checked to see if we needed anything else, there were only the few guests in the lobby. It certainly was not a positive experience and I would not recommend this hotel. Had we not been so tired, we would have gone elsewhere. Perhaps people that don't travel as frequently as we do would think this was not a bad place to spend a night. To each his own, but you won't find us at another Scottish Inn. We stayed at Days Inns, Hampton Inns, independently owned motels, and other chains on our 2 week journey and had a very positive experience. What really was annoying to us was the fact that the motel was listed in the coupon book as brand new when it was not new, you could tell from the furnishings, fixtures, etc.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank May_Zee_2004
Reviewed February 25, 2012

very nice hotel. sat in lobby didnt want to get off couch it was so comfortable.lady at front desk was nice.clean rooms clean and comfortable beds nice bathrooms noone bothered you it was always so quiet.for the price location and rooms along with staff why stay anywhere else . cant wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robert b
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My family and I were planning on staying at the Econo Lodge at this exit. It was once a Sleep Inn. When I went into that hotel they were painting and the whole hotel smelled of paint so we drove to the Scottish Inn & Suites. Upon entering the front desk clerk John was very nice and pleasant. I asked if I could look at a room first and he gladly assisted me. I always check rooms out first before I stay. By looking at this I decided to check our family in. John stated he was new and I would have never known. He was very helpful. After we ate out we returned to our room. Very nice new design. Normally I wouldn't stay at Scottish Inns as they are usually outdated and old. But apparently this is going to be the new design. Nice bathroom, very comfortable beds. Just enough cable channels. The only thing was that their was dust on the shower rod. I check this because one time I didn't my towel got dirty before I could take my shower. I told John this and he apologized and said he would let house keeping know about this. Break fest in the morning is kind of sparse. Bagels, toast and cereal. But for the coupon price from room saver still not bad. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Oh almost forgot no problems with bed bugs. I check for that too. I will definitely would stay again if passing thru the area.Overall a good nights stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor towards the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jdicarlo22000
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed here on a Friday night on our visit to Hershey. We went for two nights to Hershey and our hotel of choice that we booked Saturday night was booked, so we wanted a reasonably priced hotel for Friday. With tax we paid $100 for this hotel. The lobby area of the hotel was very nice and welcoming, as was the hotel staff. However, thhe room had a very musty odor and the beds were very soft and uncomfortable. The rooms needed to be overhauled and freshened up. The breakfast was contintental and was fine. Bagels, cereal, toast, small muffins, with juice and coffee. Next visit would perfer to pay a little bit more for a more comfortable, nicer room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jeansgirls
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Once we arrived at the hotel, the lobby seemed okay and clean, and the receptionist quite friendly. However, when we got into our room, we were a little bit surprised. We found a few hairs on the ground, which wasn't terrible, but still not extremely clean. The washroom door was creaky but the washroom itself wasn't so bad. The bed sheets had one or two stains, but we didn't mind too much because we were really tired. In the morning, people went to get their breakfasts in the lobby in pajamas. We must've been the only ones that weren't in sleeping clothes. We left that morning, which wasn't a badd thing, because we didn't like our stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Skip-the-Dog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
9 mi away
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North? Share your experiences!