“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Essex, Vermont
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pleasant experience. Very clean rooms, Nicely furnished. Very nice bedding. Very pleasant staff. A great place to stay with family. Convenient location for Hershey Park visit. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Toni D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here last weekend for a lacrosse tournament. Typical Courtyard. Appeared to be recently renovated and clean. Pleasant staff. Would recommend. Convenient to interstate and several restaurants were close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_guy_218
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed this property and my staff during your stay with us! I hope that you have a wonderful summer!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We booked our room 1 day before and paid with points how rare is that? Anyway our room was clean and the mattress was so freakin comfy but then again we had been staying on a pull out sofa missing half the mattress so really we weren't hard to impress.
The bathroom was so clean (we had been showering at a campground enough said) and the staff was so friendly. I would consider staying here again, although I prefer the Marriott chains with free breakfast. We ate at the diner up the road. There is also a Target, Chili's and Friendly's across the way.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the hotel and had absolutely NO noise issues at all. We coudln't even her...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Valerie D
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have to agree that our Marriott beds are so comfy and great for a good night's sleep!
Concord, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Another well managed Marriott property. Newer room with big bathroom and armoire. This is what most Courtyard's should aim to be. Good staff at breakfast, too. My room faced the highway but no interruption in sleep. Easy access to the main highway and easy to get to. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Dave Y
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff! I hope to see you back in the future!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had a so so experience at the hotel. On check-in; I requested a room that faced away from the highway. Being a platinum member; these kind of requests are usually accommodated, but not this time.

In addition, the AC could not cool down the room. I put the AC on 72 and it stayed on all night but the temperature never went below 73.

The water pressure was pretty bad as well.

Hopefully these issues can be fixed since the hotel is located in a safe area and is convenient. The only bright spot was the Breakfast Staff.. absolutely the best.

I cancelled my booking for the next 3 weeks...looking for a better hotel for those trips.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank virtualGoat
I am dissapointed to hear that your stay with us was just average. If you could let me know the room that you stayed in, I can have my engineering staff take a look at the room issues that you reported, so that we can make sure they are resolved. I do apologize that we did not have you on our Courtyard side of the hotel. We try to accomodate all of our guest requests, and I am disspointed that we did not meet yours. I hope that you will consider stay with us again, so we can prove that we do offer a high quality product and service. Thank you!
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was just over half-way home for us, coming back from Vermont to Virginia. As always, the hotel was clean and the staff was welcoming. We had trouble getting wi-fi in our room, so one of the staff members set up a hot spot in a nearby empty room. When that still didn't work, they brought the hot-spot into our room. Because we'd had this problem, we got a nice note from the management, along with a big Hersey bar! How sweet (in both senses of the word). I was surprised that it was a little noisy, in that I could hear people in the hallways and in the next room, but it didn't last long. The air conditioning was a little noisy, but it covered any noises from the next room so it wasn't too bad! The hotel had a list of nearby restaurants which was very helpful, though we really used the Trip Advisor app to find a good one nearby. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great night's rest.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Myrna F
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with! I apologize for the issues you experienced with the WIFI and noise, but I am happy that both were resolved quickly. I hope that next time you make the long drive from Vermont to Virginia that you will stay with us again!
Williamsburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were passing through Harrisburg on our way home and stopped at this Courtyard as it was convenient to I-83. Generally, it is what you expect from a Courtyard, and I say that in praise, not complaint. The room was nice and very clean. It was very dark at night, which I like. There was some noise from an adjacent room, but that did not last very long and was not an issue. Actually, a few days earlier we had stayed at a different Courtyard on our outbound trip, and the room was almost identical is size, configuration, and fixtures.

In short, at this Courtyard, we got exactly what we wanted. It was a clean room, well equipped, with nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. When you are spending a lot of time driving and are tired, that is what we wanted.

One unusual thing was that when we got to our room, we could not connect to the wi-fi network. After talking to their tech support, they came up and verified we did not get a usable signal. then, in stead of just saying they were sorry, they brought up a portable wi-fi hot spot. It did not work well when placed in a nearby room, so they put it in our room. That worked perfectly, and we had a very strong signal for the duration of our stay. Later, they slipped a letter under our door apologizing for the lack of wi-fi service and including a Hershey bar as part of the apology. We thought that was cute.

Bottom line is that you can rely on a Courtyard for a decent room and good service. This room proved that rule one more time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EdinVA09
Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at! I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your WIFI service, however; I am happy that we could get you a personal hot spot connection to resolve the issue. I hope that you enjoy your summer!