“Decent Courtyard”

Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Everything was as expected at the courtyard. The lobby has been updated and the rooms are in pretty good shape. The couch could stand some new cushions but other than that no complaints. Fair price, decent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kayjr52
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a perfect spot for those traveling to Hershey Park or the surrounding area. Although Courtyards are not full service Marriotts, this one offers all the amenities, a great cafe, wonderful staff to guide you and things to see and do in the area, laundry facilities and clean quiet rooms after a fun filled day. I travel the world but must say, Harrisbugh and Lancaster have so much to offer that I come back time and time again. This by far is one of the best Marriotts I've stayed at, take it from a gold member. However I know that each and every customer is treated with the same top notch curtesy and respect. Well done Dwayne and Avery. Penny, Kayla and Greg, the property is kept in pristine condition. Brilliantly done!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I frequently choose Courtyard because of the size of the room and the cleanliness. I am very impressed with this hotel! After a long day of traveling from WV we were detoured from I-81 due to a major accident. The staff is excellent here, they have been very helpful in locating an alternate route for us to travel to continue on our trip to New Jersey. The evening Barista(I wish I remember her name!) was excellent. She went way above and beyond in helping us. We will definatley stay here again should we have the chance or need.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ontheroadagainjc
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed in a lot properties and the Courtyard chain has always been a favorite. So, when we visited Harrisburg we opted for the Courtyard. My review of this property is comparing it to other Courtyard's and my expectations of the chain.

First, the positive. The location is fine (other than navigating the squirrelly interchange system in Harrisburg). The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The common areas seemed to be well maintained. This property has the updated layout and the courtyard in the back. There are a few things close, but driving for amenities is the preferred travel method.

With that being said, there is something that is missing from this Courtyard property. There was nothing horrible about the room, but our room was smaller than most of the others in the chain. The bed was decidedly more worn out on one side. The ironing board had no pad under the cover which resulted in sharp metal edges poking up. The pillows were iffy and the towels a bit thin. Nothing horrendous, but not what you expect from this chain. Many travelers may not have even noticed, but these things are not what you usually have from a Courtyard.

The one thing that really made us wonder was the fact there was an armed security guard in the lobby on both a Friday and Saturday night. I inquired about the guard and was told it was because they have so many families and groups that stay, it is a way to keep order in the hotel. Essentially saying they have had an issue with parents/chaperones letting kids run wild.

Would I stay again - I definitely would consider with price being a driving factor. There is nothing offensive about the property and it is still far better than many properties.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Checked in for one night. Room was very clean, comfortable, well-designed, and quiet. Staff was excellent - friendly and very helpful (Darryl (I believe) when we checked in and the Sunday morning barista at the Bistro). The Bistro was great - food was good, service was great. Centrally located and easy to find your way around. Would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hawkeykids
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our 3rd stay on this property. The staff is very nice. Check-in was super easy. Our room was very clean too. The new lobby looks great. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is the hot tub in the pool area has been turned into a planter. In the past, the spouse and I enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub while the kids played in the indoor pool. So sorry the hot tub is closed now. However, it's not enough to deter us from staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for one evening.

The location is near lots of restaurants, gas stations, etc.

The lobby is new, clean, large, and functional for work or just having a coffee.

The rooms have been renovated and are comfortable.

The gentlemen who checked us in was very helpful, even sending faxes for me.

While we did not eat there, it looked fresh, clean, and inviting.

Would recommend.