“Very nice hotel, very convenient”

Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love this hotel. Very updated lobby and rooms, in room fridge available, close to shopping and business, and the airport. The rooms have nice clean linens and flat screen TVs. Great for business travelers. I stay here several times per year, when I visit my client in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jmsgemini

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from a Courtyard Marriott in Harrisburg but after the first two stays it is now 'home'. I travel each week to Harrisburg, PA for work and this is where I stay.

The staff know me now and so I don't even need to ask for anything they already know. I have the same room and my rate includes breakfast which is awesome!

You would think from a Courtyard it would be dinky but not this one. Rooms are clean; bathroom is very large and rooms are large as well with refrigerator. It's simple only 4 floors and near lots of shops and restuarants and near highway.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very fresh and good so don't forget to order!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jh_traveler004
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from the beach for a one night stay. When booking we were looking for two adjoining rooms, which this hotel has. The operator on the phone said they did not have such rooms at all. The rate online was very decent, and when we got to the hotel they offered us the adjoining rooms, however at a different rate. I probably would have argued this, however was tired from my drive. Overall the hotel is clean, spacious and very comfortable. They also have a very interactive lobby to play games, socialize and utilize a computer. They also have a mini restaurant where you can get food but did not. The pool at this location also is about the size of a jacuzzi. The hotel is also close to several restaurants and shopping such as Target and JCPenney. Access to other places such as Hershey Park, Hershey World and outlets is about a 15 minute drive or less. I also like the fact that the turnpike is right near the hotel as well. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: As I mentioned this hotel has adjoining rooms, so if the operator tells you this site does not have...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crimes623
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good location, Breakfast was good and lots of choices, staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Bed was ok....a little saggy for my own comfort. Close to attractions and plenty of restaurants within a 10 min drive.

Room Tip: Good location, but noisy if you're a lite sleeper due to proximity to highway, ask for a room aw...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bboopcruiser
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here one night before a flight out of the Harrisburg airport, which is about 10 minutes away. Rooms are typical Courtyard, common space has been updated with the new look - including the small cafe with some food options. Hotel is a quick trip to Five Guys, Moe's, Chili's and some other chains if what you're looking for isn't on site. Friendly/helpful staff. Only real complaint was poor internet service but thankfully my aircard worked just fine. Price slightly higher than expected for a Courtyard in a small PA town - but it was a weekend night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I agree with other recent reviews that the new look of the Courtyards is a bit too modern and uninviting for my taste. However, Marriott never fails to be clean, comfortable, and with a courteous staff. In my book, that's worth the money. I was shocked to find this Marriott property was less expensive by other options with a 10-mile radius of Hersheypark by almost half. What a great deal (and I get reward points to boot). It's less than a 15 minute drive.

Regarding dining, I agree that hotels should go back to an included continental breakfast. It's expensive for the quality of food offered. The August weekend we visited the weather was very hot, but the lobby/restaurant area were extremely cold, to the point of being uncomfortable. I did enjoy actually having a bar that was tended in the evenings, though. Many smaller hotels don't offer that anymore. We opted for dinner across the street at Leeds. It was good, but pretty expensive for Harrisburg.

When we visit Hersheypark again we'll likely stay at this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hotel was clean and comfortable and the employees were nice, but for the price
how can you not even offer a continental breakfast??!! Also, no fan in the bathroom so it fogged
quickly, and they have perhaps the smallest pool I have ever seen in a hotel. Thin walls as we could hear our neighbors rather easily. Marrriot can do better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family