“Great Representation of Marriott”

Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed January 10, 2012

As always, a great stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We always book at a Courtyard Marriott when traveling, if one is available. We know that the rooms will be clean, beds comfortable, and if needed, help will come quickly.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great central location. Close to the park. Very comfortable beds and clean!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I came to Harrisburg/Hershey for a brief weekend getaway and stayed at this Courtyard. Aside from a few minor blemishes, my stay was pleasant overall. The staff at the hotel was professional and friendly from start to finish, especially Bryan in the restaurant. Instead of having scrambled eggs set out in warmers, he prepared them fresh.

My room was spacious, clean, and very well maintained. The furnishings and decor were very simple. The television indicated the room was a bit outdated, but because it was maintained so well, I couldn't really tell otherwise. It was a big contrast to a couple of my previous hotel stays (see recent reviews).

There were only two minor glitches; one that was remedied and the second wasn't that important. First, my room was not serviced before my second night. It wasn't that big a deal since I only stayed two nights. I simply asked for shampoo and conditioner replacements. The second issue was my key cards suddenly stopped working. I used the house phone to call for help and I barely had to wait. It was just long enough for the new key cards to be made and brought up to me. Now that's service!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed overnight at the Marriott Courtyard in Harrisburg after a Black Friday shopping/Hershey Park trip. We were happy with our stay there. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are always perfect for our needs. Internet access was quick and the bed was comfortable. I cannot comment on the price since we are Marriott Rewards members and this was a comp night. We did not use the pool, weight room, or restaurant but they all seemed to be clean and up to date. The hotel lobby is inviting and cozy with a gas fireplace and very large screen TV. The hotel is close to Interstate 83, the Harrisburg Mall, local shopping, and local restaurants. We will stay at this Courtyard again when visiting the Harrisburg or Hershey area and I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We decided at the last minute to head up to Hershey Park for Candy Lane. We found this hotel and it did not disappoint us. It was immaculate and the staff were all very friendly.
When we visit again we will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Two night vacation stay with my wife.

Pros:
Clean, friendly staff, convenient location. Up to date.

Cons:
Matress felt like I was going to roll out. Need to turn or replace.

Tips:
Capitol Diner, jsut down road is an excellent breakfast choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I'm a business woman travelling and staying in hotels for 12 years. And, this hotel obviously CATERS to men, but, could care less about women! I should have known when I walked in and saw a giant big-screen t.v. MOVIE-screen type in the lobby/bar featuring one of many football games. After a long day of travel/work, I was looking forward to retiring and watching Project Runway on Lifetime or House Hunters on HGTV. But, alas, this COURTYARD only offers 25 tv channels (hello,it's 2012!!) and, four of which are ESPN channels, and one GOLF channel! (Who's your target market?) When, I got to my room, the lighting in the foyer & coffee station of the room were only bright enough for a coal miner to appreciate! The hairdryer is hidden/mounted not in the BATHROOM, where you'd use it, but, in a furniture closet? (I guess they're hoping for more middle-aged men with a great deal of hairloss, instead of a woman?The internet wireless service only has a signal strength of "fair", so sending and receiving emails is so slow it feels like 1988. And, what shampoo brand is Quinoa? Fairfield Inn at least offers Pantene. Anyway, if you like to watch some typical "girl" stations on t.v. in your hotel room, don't stay here. On a positive note: the desk manager at check in was very nice, and at least brought me up a channel listing that was missing from the hotel room, so that I could see what sports station I had to watch!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business