“The 3 Amigos dined out”

Appalachian Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Appalachian Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 569 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our original Appalachian Brewing Company brewpub is located in historic Harrisburg, PA. The impressive three-story brick and heavy timber structure was built circa 1915. The lagering room portion of the brewery dates to 1890. Throughout the brewery, antique brick walls, massive wooden beams, hardwood floors and ceilings provide a warmth and inner glow rivaled only by the beer itself. We are proud to be the first and only brewery in the Pennsylvania State Capital since 1951. ABC serves fresh innovative cuisine to match our tremendous handcrafted ales and lagers! We hope to see you soon and look forward to serving you and your friends often!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My high school friends from the mid 70's gathered for a Thursday night dinner. I was here one other time many years ago. I ordered the Harrisburger which was cooked to perfection. The meal, service and price were all to my liking. Our server was extremely friendly and recommended menu items for my old indecisive friends!!! The interior is very nice with a view of the large brewery tanks.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I do not know what was going on the night we went there but the food took forever to come and the waiter did not do a very good job of keeping us informed of what was going on. The food was okay but not great. Also, the large dining room was not the most comfortable and it was pretty loud. On the plus side, the beer was very good and our kids loved the root beer and birch beer. I would go back to buy the beers to go but I don't think I would go here again to eat.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went early on a Saturday, so no crowds. Had salad and Veggie Panini, very good. Friend had the pierogi & sausage and loved it. Craft sodas are good, but no free refills, so that was expensive, they should tell you that. Nice, clean and friendly. If we're ever in the area again, we'll go.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My oldest son found this place on line so we all went. Excellent food. Burgers are huge and stacked. Onion rings are killers. Lots of microbrews and a full menu of a lot of things. Just has that neighborhood pub feeling. Moderate price but its worth your time and money.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I suggested to my boss we eat here due to a previous meal that was excellent. We ended up taking clients on a Friday night. We had a reservation and they seated us quickly. The waitress was attentive throughout but the problems began when the meals arrived.

First, one meal was delivered with the vegetables in the plastic bag they used to steam them (in the microwave?) Three of our clients ordered a prime rib special. According to them it was inedible. One complained that it was cold. We requested that they send it back and two of the three of them switched to the pierogies and sausage. We waited. And waited. About 20 minutes later the manager came back out apologetically and said to the third guy that she didn't have confidence that the prime rib would come out any different. He decided to switch to a pasta dish. I felt bad for our server because she was trying really hard and kept apologizing for the problems and the now long delay in getting replacement meals.

Finally all three meals were delivered after the rest of the party had finished desert! We weren't too put off be the length of time as we had nowhere to be in a hurry, but it ended up being a 3 hour meal. We didn't sit long after the meal was over, either.

I rarely have problems this significant at restaurants so I'm not sure what is expected when problems like this come up. I would think the manager would comp a few beers or perhaps deserts. Every single item was listed on the bill. The boss paid and left a good tip for the poor waitress. Perhaps they were just having a bad night!

1  Thank Pete7919