“So great came back twice in one weekend!”

Appalachian Brewing Company
Ranked #29 of 552 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our original Appalachian Brewing Company brewpub is located in historic Harrisburg, PA. The impressive three-story brick and heavy timber structure was built circa 1915. The lagering room portion of the brewery dates to 1890. Throughout the brewery, antique brick walls, massive wooden beams, hardwood floors and ceilings provide a warmth and inner glow rivaled only by the beer itself. We are proud to be the first and only brewery in the Pennsylvania State Capital since 1951. ABC serves fresh innovative cuisine to match our tremendous handcrafted ales and lagers! We hope to see you soon and look forward to serving you and your friends often!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Upon arriving in Harrisburg we stopped for some delicious food and wonderful brews! My husband enjoyed tasting the various beers and I enjoyed the "Craft Sodas". I had pulled pork that was made with their own Root beer! What a taste sensation! The atmosphere is so much fun! We ended up coming back on Saturday night to see a singer/songwriter and had a blast! The crowd is of mixed ages and we look forward to coming back again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This one is about the one on Market St. in Camp Hill. We sort of venture to this place as our last resort, when everything else is booked. They specialize in brewing their own beers, and you can buy jugs of your favorite brews here as well. In terms of food, it's well prepared but for the life of me I cannot bring myself up to say "Wow, what a place to eat!". The dining room area is a bit plain, lighting is blah, and though varieties of beer are excellent, the food is just okay. You can have a decent meal here for around $30. Staff are friendly and competent. I wouldn't have a romantic date here, maybe come in with some friends to spend an hour and move on.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Appalachian Brewing Company (ABC) is Harrisburg's first microbrewery. The restaurant is an old brick building that when you come inside you can see the beer apparatus (on Saturday's you can tour the brewery). They have an ever rotating draft list of their beers, with seasonal flavors as well as year round favorites. The food is tasty and service is good (the pretzel logs are good, as is the mac 'n cheese). It's a popular restaurant and it gets busy, especially if there are events happening at the Farm Show complex down the street. It is worth waiting for if you have the time.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A nice place with some different menu options. The kids enjoyed it, and they got oranges and crackers as an appetizer which was a nice touch. The burgers are great, and can be substituted for grilled chicken or a veggie burger, which my wife enjoyed. I love the ginger beer.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

When not traveling or working on the road, this is my go to place to enjoy one of their many beers. Favorites are Pale Ale with their grilled Caesar and mountain lager with the smoky the bear burger. The menu selection is fresh crafted pub food with a twist, casual atmosphere, service is ok. Good for larger groups. My family likes to go here when visiting. I have not tried their handcrafted sodas, but like everything else, I bet there excellent.