“The best shrimp tempura sushi ever!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Ranked #298 of 559 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hibachi chefs put on a good show. However, I like the sushi bar even better. The shrimp tempura is my favorite. I have ordered both cooked and raw both are better than anywhere else we have been for sushi. The drinks are not great though. At least I have never had one that I thought was a good mix. They are strong not watered down but they don't taste good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very disappointed. We have been to many resteraunts of this type (hibachi and sushi) this is by far the most expensive and the quality and quanity is not any better then the other establishments.

1  Thank Hugagrove
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The food here is amazing to say the least! i have been going here for years and have never had a complaimt about it.
The service however does not compare to the food. They are very hard to understand and the chefs are not as entertaining as many ive seen. Go for the food but dont expect a quality wait staff.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I had a great date night here. It can be a bit expensive, but they have chef's specials that make it more affordable. My husband had never tried sake, so we ordered the sake flight which included 3 small glasses of different flavors of sake. It was a delicious way to kick things off. We then ordered several sushi rolls and one Benihana special with "colossal" shrimp, chicken and vegetables.I was not expecting much of the sushi since I had read other reviews stating that their sushi was not great. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and tastiness of the rolls. the spicy tuna was perfectly spiced, the Benihana roll was beautifully presented and the Las Vegas Roll was just pure creamy, crunchy, spicy heaven. The chef did the obligatory show impressing us with his knife skills, shrimp tail tossing and made an onion volcano with flames and smoke shooting up to the overhead vents. The food was delicious, but the service really put this on another level. Our server was helpful and efficient, offering advice when we asked, but not at all pushy. She timed our soup, salad and sushi delivery perfectly so that we were ready to watch the chef prepare the main course.
We will certainly be back for some more of that sake and sushi!

1  Thank Karyn1990
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had a great time at Benihana. The food was good, They put on a good show.

1  Thank JohnRen1