“I wasn't expecting much, but I was impressed. I got some fish and green beans. It was really good.”

Gilligans Bar and Grill

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Pittsburgh
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2007

We had an enjoyable experience at this restaurant. We were promptly greeted by the host/hostess and for a Saturday evening, we thought this place would have been crazy, but we were seated very easily. We could have been seated in the room with the TV's or the dining area. We were indifferent and we were seated in the dining area, but we were next to the TV area and could still see everything. We were glad they seated us in the dining room because when I had gone to use the restroom, the TV Room and Bar area were pretty smokey.

We ordered chicken wings as an appetizer. We ordered the mild wings with hot sauce on the side. These wings were excellent. My husband is a wing connoisseur and when he says the wings are good, they are good. My husband ordered the prime rib with rice and vegetable medley. The prime rib was excellent. It had great flavor and it wasn't a bunch of fat. My daughter ordered the chicken fingers and fries from the kid's menu and it was also good. She went crazy for the chicken. It did come out way too hot, but it was still good. I ordered the filet mingon and crab cake with a side salad (with parmesean peppercorn dressing) and a baked potato. The dressing was absolutely incredible. I highly recommend it! The filet was tender and it was good, but I wish it had a little more seasoning to it. The crab cake was wonderful.

Our waitress was attentive and did a fine job. We had a great dining experience and if we are ever back in Harrisburg, we will definitely come here again.