“Really Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We recently stayed in Harrisburg and Gilligan's was recommended by our hotel. The food was absolutely delicious and good sized portions. We had our dog with us so got take out. We usually don't get steak and prime rib as take out, but were really surprised at how good both items were. I would highly recommend Gilligan's if you are in that area.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the best place in the Harrisburg East area. Most of the other places are national chains with pedestrian food. We pass through at least oce a year and try to get to Gilligans. Most dishes are nicely prepared. The prime rib is excellent. Maybe a little overpriced, but it is the best food in the area, so I guess it is worth it. We have been there at least 10 times and have never had a bad meal.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! $2.50 for a Miller Light draft. I liked that price! And the bar was nice.

I ordered the sesame seed encrusted Tuna steak. It was cooked perfectly and I was ashamed of myself because of how quickly I devoured it. Not sure what that huge pile of odd looking dried noodle stuff was supposed to be on my plate, but it was of no interest to me and actually hindered me from getting at some of that amazing sauce the served with the steak.

This steak was the thickest tuna steak I had ever seen in my life! What a generous portion!

Waitress had a terrific personality. I also had some seafood soup. That was also terrific.

The sesame ginger salad dressing was a disappointment. I was hoping for something more like the Benny Hanna style, but this stuff was more creamy, and mass produced generic out of a plastic squeeze bottle style. Get the ranch dressing.

Great atmosphere!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The best primerib i have ever eaten. A must go if in the Harrisburg area. Fair priced and good service. I have had numerous meals there and never dissapointed.

1  Thank Billyooooo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Near the airport and Turnpike on Harrisburg's southern edge is a very spacious friendly place filled with local people and travelers smart enough to drop in. It has a huge bar, pool tables, dining rooms, and a satisfying steak among numerous attractive offerings. Many beers on tap and friendly bar tenders make it feel as though one has come home. This works, as it is nested among motels (e.g. La Quinta -- very friendly to visiting dogs --right across the street). It is a blessing to driving voyagers of all types, including kids (easily placed out of range of the bar and games enthusiasts), and televised sports followers (in the bar area). There is another branch which I've not visited; but fundamentally this establishment does not reek of the chain cute. It is a one (or two) off. The ambiance and patrons are characteristic of this region of Pennsylvania -- easy going, taking a break from long hard jobs, loyal to teams, clubs, clans, and so forth, This includes women of all ages, to whom Gilligan's is very hospitable whether in groups and couples, or solo. In sum: simple, accommodating, nice, and satisfying all around.

Been to Gilligans Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!