“One more great meal at the Olive Garden”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #181 of 538 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
vestal, ny
“One more great meal at the Olive Garden”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

On Dec 26 we got stuck in Harrisburg....the snow was too bad to try to get home to Vestal, NY. We stayed on Jonestown Rd , right down the street from a bunch of restaurants.

My wife Gloria suggested the Olive Garden as we could both get what we wanted for dinner. I had my usual soup and salad and Gloria had the Shrimp Mezalluna. Gloria loved her shrimp and would order it again, I had the Chicken and Gnocci soup with an all you can eat salad. For whatever reason, the breadsticks were the best of all of the Olive Gardens that we have eaten at,
Dinner at the Olive Garden was relaxing....it helped us unwind from a stressful drive up from Rockville, MD. We had a lovely server, Jasmin who was personable and attentive, she added to a very nice dinner.

I hate to pick nits; but, when we arrived few other people were there due to the snow. The hostess, however, had to finish up some paperwork first....we waited several minutes for her to fix her problem and finally seat us. I gave them a big zing on their survey for this. While this was annoying, it was not enough to down rate them. I still gave them 5 stars.

Recommended!

• Visited December 2012

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“It's an Olive Garden”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Not really much to say about this place. It is relatively clean and popular, so if you are from out of town, you need not worry about what you are stepping into. Other than that, if you like this brand of food, you'll be satisfied

Visited April 2012
Munhall, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I rarely have a bad experience at an Olive Garden, and this one is in the same category. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and courteous depsite the fact that it was a busy dinner rush. The staff kept the restaurant clean also.

Visited November 2012
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“When you're here, you're a number.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I usually enjoy eating at the Olive Garden. However, the one in Harrisburg is poorly managed and you get the "ship 'em in, ship 'em out" feeling. They are overstaffed for the actual service that you get. The staff does not work well together and the management is very unorganized. One time that I was there our waitress was very irritated with the kitchen staff and let it show with her service. I could hear them arguing and there was no apology after waiting 20 minutes for my soup. Bread sticks are never ready on time, either. When you finally get them, they are either cold, stale or overcooked. You can tell that the food is thrown together quickly and it does not taste like any other Olive Garden I have been to. The soup is watered down and lacking flavor. The meals are bland and I would rather save my money and eat a frozen meal from home. Even the salad is not up to par. If I were Olive Garden, I would shut this branch down immediately, before the entire chain gets a bad wrap.

• Visited October 2012
Cleona, Pennsylvania
“Long wait = cold food”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Went to dinner last evening with my family. Waited for a longer than usual amount of time for bread sticks and salad. Wrong number of children and adult menus brought to the table. Wrong amount of utensils set at table. Hostess knocked over two kids drinks - luckily they had lids. She also reached awkwardly across guests to serve other guests at the table - definite lack of training. Server wasn't as attentive as I would have expected. But my biggest complaint was that when my meal was served, the delivery person said "be careful, your plate is hot"; not only was the plate not hot, the food was actually cold! Server wasn't there to check on our order after delivery to the table so I went up to the kitchen and asked someone to heat up my meal. Kitchen handled that request and my food was excellent! I haven't been to the OG in about 6 months or so and I must say I expected much more. Won't be on my list of places to eat at anytime soon.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!