“Great food and service! Real delight!”
Review of Pastorante

Pastorante
Ranked #27 of 559 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Frist time there and we both had Radiatori al forno (with Italian sausage and meatballs) and it was yummy. Carla was our server and was very nice and attentive. We had the table next to the kitchen and saw all of the great food that was prepared, they were also very friendly. I'll be back and its a BYOB! Ended up getting two to go items Bolognese and Pappardelle to go, excited to try that tomorrow!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our Valentine's Day dinner at Pastorante. The food was delicious and the service was great. I had the Four Cheese Macaroni that was rich and very tasty. My husband had the Fettuccine with Eggplant. His was especially good. We each had a side Cesar salad, again delicious! The prices were extremely reasonable considering we got in-house, homemade pasta. We had a wonderful time and will definitely return.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Great menu selection and our party of six loved the place. Tasty dishes served hot and a friendly server staff. Very reasonably priced and the portions were plentiful. It is also BYOB. A little small but does have a big city feel. Our new favorite Italian cuisine in Harrisburg.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were traveling to Harrisburg for business and they had just gotten 8 inches of snow. We had a reservation at Gabriella's but they closed without informing us. We were looking for something close to the Hilton but there was nothing open, until we called Pastorante's. We decided to walk the 10 blocks, a mistake since the sidewalks were covered. Upon arriving we were greeted by Eddie the manager. We sat and he reviewed the menu with us. He could not have been more helpful. We started with the stuffed mushroom which were outstanding. The pancetta filling was delicious and the cheese topping was one of the best things I've ever tasted. Next were the meatballs which were also spot on. For dinner I had the oxtail pappardelle which was melt in your mouth delicious. All the pasta is hand made by the restaurant and is great. Jamie had the crab mac and cheese which was decadent. For dessert we had the frozen limoncello which is imported from Milan. It was the perfect pallet cleanser. As we lamented our walk back Eddie said if we waiting for him to close up he would ride us back to the hotel. Who does that! A great experience and we can't wait to go back. The portions are large and the prices small. You have to try it.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We rarely eat Italian food as it all tastes the same to me. This restaurant is definitely the exception to the rule. Freshly made pasta, interesting menu, friendly wait staff, intimate yet contemporary setting. Weekday lunch menu makes this very affordable. Dinner portions are generous. My husband and I shared an Oxtail Ragu with no extra plate fee and I had a side salad. We indulged ourselves with lemon-cello and Bomba desserts which were decadent. Perfect!