“Excellent”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Moneta, Virginia
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We rarely eat Italian food as it all tastes the same to me. This restaurant is definitely the exception to the rule. Freshly made pasta, interesting menu, friendly wait staff, intimate yet contemporary setting. Weekday lunch menu makes this very affordable. Dinner portions are generous. My husband and I shared an Oxtail Ragu with no extra plate fee and I had a side salad. We indulged ourselves with lemon-cello and Bomba desserts which were decadent. Perfect!

• Visited January 2014

Camp Hill, PA
“Great Pasta!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Fantastic little restaurant. Focus is solely on the pasta and they do it GREAT. Freshly made on site. Tiny little place, but wonderful pasta, very reasonably priced dishes. Squid Ink Fettuccine w/Shrimp was out of this world. Bread isn't great at all, but that's an easy improvement for them. I hope they consider it. All in all, Great Pasta at a great price.

• Visited December 2013
“Fine Italian”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

On the recommendation of a foodie friend, we had dinner here on a Friday night... Very pleasing... Strongly recommend reservations - the seating is quite limited with tables close together...

The pastas were all homemade and done very well... I had the oxtail ragu over paparadelle... loaded with flavor, rich and savory... Wife had a baked pasta dish - lots of cheeses and meatballs/sausage, top notch (in fact the her leftovers made two lunches)...

The menu is not large - which is fine because all the items we had and/or watched go by were top notch...

It is BYOB (a plus) and very reasonable in price... A tad noisy...

• Visited November 2013
Harrisburg
“A True Gem in Harrisburg”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

At the recommendation of friends we came to this BYOB. We love pasta but do not indulge due to watching our weight. We thought we'd give it a shot. What an amazing surprise. This is NOT your typical italian restaurant. All pastas are made in house and are the lightest pasta we have ever eaten. Most of the other ingredients are likewise made in house. We had two wonderful side Caesar salads. Good dressing and a pile of freshly grated cheese on top. Then the main dishes - Pappardelle with Oxtail Ragu and Squid Ink Fettucine with Shrimp. Both were outstanding. The Pappardelle with Oxtail was a large noodle thin as can be with a slow cooked ( 8 hours ) oxtail meet sauce. REALLY rich and delicious. The squid ink pasta was pasta made with squid ink. It is not a squid ink sauce. It has a very light cream sauce that was great, accompanied by 8 large shrimp. Not your typical Olive Garden heavy cream sauce. This was a well crafted sauce prepared by a true chef. We were full and did not have dessert, which, by the way is one of the few items not prepared on site. We'll try them the next time. Please try out this nice little restaurant. We need these kind of places in the Burg.

• Visited October 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been wanting to try this restaurant, since I've heard such wonderful reviews from friends, but just hadn't made it in. Last night, I went with a friend and her husband, and will now make it a priority to return! The service was very friendly and the food was delicious. My friend's husband and I split the meatball appetizer, since she is vegetarian. The meatballs and sauce were very good, and the garlic bread that came with it was so good that we put in an order for extra garlic bread. For my entree, I had the squid ink pasta with shrimp in vodka sauce, and it was wonderful. My family is Italian and regularly makes our own fresh pasta, and I have to say that this was as good. And the squid ink gave it a slight seafood taste, without being overbearing at all. The sauce on it was also very good, and not overwhelming and heavy, as some cream sauces can be. My girlfriend had the eggplant pasta, and said that it was the best eggplant that she has ever had. She said that the texture was great, not too chewy, and that it had a lot of good seasoning to it. My husband was so disappointed that he missed out, that I think that we're planning another trip there this weekend!

• Visited August 2013