“Not my favorite Diner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed May 3, 2014

With all the different Diner's in the area, this is one that we did not enjoy eating here. Perhaps we ordered wrong but we probably will not be coming back here.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We are out of towners that look forward to stopping at our favorite diner each visit. We generally do a couple overnighters twice a year and eat at the diner twice a trip (or more). Love breakfast foods here!

1  Thank Dolfinjuls
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our waitress was super quick, I hadn't even asked for a replacement ketchup and she was already grabbing me a new one. I wish I remembered her name because she was fabulous, and everyone knows the waitress makes the experience! Our food was good too!

1  Thank Kristin D
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Arrived at 1030 and seated promptly on a Thursday night. Confusion as to who was going to take our order. Waited for a time for food to come, first delivered 21/2 order. Then was told mashed potatoes feel on another dish..ok, 20 min later mashed potatoes arrived and 1 more meal. Fruit cup was good but, perogies had freezer burn and delivered soo dried out ..they were barely warm! Sent back. Then 10 min later 2 more meals arrived. Lot's of "sorry" but meals only average at best. Suggestion: quit trying to make everything for everybody. Do a really good job at half the menu items you have. Too bad, we will not come back again. Very cute Diner and great curb appeal. Food and service was a real disappointment!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed in the hotel district nearby and asked at the desk for a breakfast recommendation. Bob Evans, she said. I asked for something more local. She suggested Capitol Diner across the street from Bob Evans.

This is one of those retro diners...all polished metal...cliche of a 50s diner. It is in great repair, very popular, very professional and a bit too slick for me. However...

Food was a great value, clean, cooked decently, attentive mature waitstaff. Really nothing to complain about. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to food and I'll spend a lot for a good meal. This was inexpensive and for road food, it was good enough to come back to.

2  Thank stevehT2745PF