“What a disappointment this time around!!”
Review of Capitol Diner

Capitol Diner
Ranked #33 of 568 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We normally go to breakfast here when we are in town. We came in late so we thought we would try it for dinner as it was convenient to the hotel we were staying at!! I agree with another reviewer.....it is a breakfast or lunch deal only.

I decided to order a Capitol Classic so I ordered the fried chicken, my husband the shrimp dinner, my son a cheddar bacon burger and daughter mac and cheese. The wait for what we ordered was extremely long...those around us ordered after and had their meals about 10 minutes before us. The mac and cheese was very yellow but is was good. My son's burger the bun was stale and crumbled into pieces...the patty was out of a box in the freezer was tasteless and burnt. He didn't eat needless to say. My husbands shrimp was not too bad. My fried chicken was still squawking. The coating was tasteless and crumbled off the meat, you couldn't cut through it. I removed the coating and cut into the chicken and it BLED!!! Really, it was disgusting!! The mash potatoes and some type of congealed gravy on them as well. Needless to say I didn't eat either!! Will we come again....not sure, I may stick to Bob Evans across the street. I don't blame the waitress, she did get her manager but at that point I was tired of waiting and had no appetite at all. You gotta do better than this with the rating you have for restaurants in the area!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stopped here for dinner while on a business trip this week. The Chicken & Orzo soup was very good and I had the Oreo Cheesecake for dessert, which was ridiculously delicious! The turkey dinner (my main meal) was average, but all food arrived quickly at the table. This diner got bonus points for me based on their great service - my server was very friendly and employees frequently walked through the diner to collect used plates from all of the tables, which I greatly appreciated!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Not made from scratch food no matter what they say. Had ham& bean soup that came out of a can. You needed a microscope to find ham. The burger was not a fresh hand patty, rather seemed like a frozen pre-pattied burger and rather tasteless. Breakfasts are pretty good. That's probably all I'll get from now on Nice atmosphere with chrome and glass.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been going here for some time now...and think this is the best breakfast place in town.. The service is great as well as the food...never had a problem with anything they serve except for I would love to see them put more blueberries in the pancakes...Prices are also very good

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were tired and hungry when we showed up at the capital diner. By the time we left, we were full of great home-style cooking, and invigerated by the great service by the staff. Food was prepared exactly as ordered, and delivered quickly. Don't pass on desert! The Capital Diner has a great selection of pies. We had the apple, and it was great!