“Nice Spot”

Cuisines: Pizza
Pennsylvania
“Nice Spot”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I met a colleague here for a brief morning meeting and found it to be nice, with good food and service although the music was a bit loud for a normal business conversation. I've had dinner here in the past and have found their menu quite good and the food tasty. This is a nice spot to meet in the area.

Visited July 2014

oxford
“Great in the 'hood”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

A cool, modern cafe featuring sandwiches and pizza. You place the order at the counter and eat at a table or booth. Decor is light and airy, the lighting is pleasant and relaxing. Good food for casual dining

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank oxforddoc
“Average”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our order was incorrect but decided to keep the breakfast they dished up. It was an average experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Shawn D
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Daily Dining”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I eat a Cafe Fresco, Paxton St., on a daily basis. Great food, and fast. The only drawback may be price.

Visited October 2013
Murrieta, California
“Service made the visit less than satisfying”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is the type of restaurant where you walk in, look at the menus hung above the counter, and then walk down to the register to order. It has a cool funky appearance -- we were looking forward to a nice meal.

We arrived at about 4 pm on a Friday -- it was not busy. Since we'd never been to this establishment before, we had a few questions. The man (maybe the owner?) who answered our questions was quite gruff and was trying to hurry us along -- there was no one behind us in line. We'd asked for glasses for water. He shoved them at us, but didn't bother to tell us where to get the water. I asked if I could get a pizza and toppings other than what was on the menu; he replied, "Well, give me something to start with here."

I ended up just ordering one off the menu. I ordered the BBQ chicken pizza without the cilantro. The crust was thin and delicious. There was barely any chicken on it, and the pieces of onion were microscopic. I had to dig some green flecks out of the pie (cilantro, probably). My husband had a wrap and fries. He enjoyed the wrap; the fries were not that hot and were limp. We shared a dinner salad; it was just okay.

Wine is not on the menu, but you are welcome to bring in your own bottle. They supplied the glasses.

After your meal, you bus your own table.

There are tables outside, which we considered - but we decided we didn't want to hear/smell the many cars on Paxton/Bass Pro Shop Road.

We won't be back.