“Good food, fun time ”

Mc Grath Pub
Ranked #38 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Good food, fun time ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in on the way to Hershey Park. Looked like a popular spot with the afterwork crowd. They had good happy hour deals like $2 miller lites and $4 for all the quality drafts. We also really enjoyed our dinners - salmon fish and chips, wings, and shepherd's pie.

Western NY
“Fantastic First Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were traveling to Washington DC for Memorial Day, and stopped in Harrisburg for the evening. We were looking for a nice comfortable place for Dinner and found Mc Grath Pub.
This is a great Irish Pub with incredible food, and fantastic servers. We sat at the bar, and enjoyed the friendly service and delicious dinner. The Espresso-chipotle Short ribs are the best I have ever had. I would drive 4 hours again, just to have them.....SO GOOD.

• Visited May 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Irish Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Huge variety of beers. Friendly staff. Very popular among locals. Popular spot among professionals. Small menu but good food. Worth visiting.

Visited February 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Mc Grath is very busy (though I was there on Friday night), and can feel a bit hectic. Nonetheless, the service was good, and my burger was excellent. During the happy hour the drinks are ridiculously cheap, particularly the beer, though I wasn't entirely happy with my pint of Guinness. Overall, however, a very good value.

• Visited April 2014
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Short Ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I ate here for the first time the other day after a meeting in Harrisburg. Wasn't sure what to expect but its a pretty nice bar with a helpful wait staff. The bartender recommended the Espresso-Chipotle Braised Beef Short Ribs which is one of my favorites, so I went for it. The meal was out of this world! It came with delicious mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and a nice steak knife which I didn't even need since the meat practically melted off of itself just by looking at it! This might be the best short rib I've ever had. I didn't try anything else because the portion more than filled me, but there were many other options that sounded amazing, including a lamb stew which I passed up for the ribs. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone, especially if you looking for a nice piece of meat! Great job McGraths!

• Visited January 2014