“Fantastic First Time”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were traveling to Washington DC for Memorial Day, and stopped in Harrisburg for the evening. We were looking for a nice comfortable place for Dinner and found Mc Grath Pub.
This is a great Irish Pub with incredible food, and fantastic servers. We sat at the bar, and enjoyed the friendly service and delicious dinner. The Espresso-chipotle Short ribs are the best I have ever had. I would drive 4 hours again, just to have them.....SO GOOD.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Huge variety of beers. Friendly staff. Very popular among locals. Popular spot among professionals. Small menu but good food. Worth visiting.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Mc Grath is very busy (though I was there on Friday night), and can feel a bit hectic. Nonetheless, the service was good, and my burger was excellent. During the happy hour the drinks are ridiculously cheap, particularly the beer, though I wasn't entirely happy with my pint of Guinness. Overall, however, a very good value.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I ate here for the first time the other day after a meeting in Harrisburg. Wasn't sure what to expect but its a pretty nice bar with a helpful wait staff. The bartender recommended the Espresso-Chipotle Braised Beef Short Ribs which is one of my favorites, so I went for it. The meal was out of this world! It came with delicious mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and a nice steak knife which I didn't even need since the meat practically melted off of itself just by looking at it! This might be the best short rib I've ever had. I didn't try anything else because the portion more than filled me, but there were many other options that sounded amazing, including a lamb stew which I passed up for the ribs. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone, especially if you looking for a nice piece of meat! Great job McGraths!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Passing thru Harrisburg in late October while we were touring Pennsylvania, we found this little gem, recommended by a local. We loved the atmosphere and the beer and the service but we still dream about that Irish Meatloaf. We urge you to try it...........wish we could again but we live in Washington State!!