“Very Good Value Overall”
Review of Progress Grill

Progress Grill
Ranked #20 of 559 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Have been there twice now. Nice variety of food choices with good price/value. Service very good as well. Decor could be updated but very clean, well run restaurant.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were planning on having dinner in downtown Harrisburg with an old friend, and a traffic accident on I-83 necessitated a change in plans. I recalled reading about the Progress Grill, and my wife used her smartphone to get us there.

Good choice! The service was prompt and attentive, and the atmosphere was free of televisions in the dining room, or excess noise that would make conversation difficult. I had the greek salad to start, followed by a very tasty, medium-rare rack of lamb. My wife had scallops and shrimp scampi over rice pilaf.

While this restaurant is about 45 minutes from home, would certainly enjoy trying some of the other dishes next time we are in the Harrisburg area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I like taking family and friends here on special occasions. The staff is great and the food is always delicious. It's been around for a while and can get very busy on weeknights.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Four of us were at the Progress Grill on Sept. 25 for dinner. I was the first one to place my order...filet mignon, medium well. The waitress told me the steak would be 'butterflied'. I said I didn't want it butterflied and she replied that the chef won't prepare a medium well or well done steak any other way. I'd have my steaks prepared medium well at other 'fine dining' establishments and they didn't even suggest that it be butterflied. The waitress said it was the chef's policy to do steaks that way if they are ordered past medium. Well, that tells me that the chef is just plain lazy or he really doesn't know how to prepare steaks. I realize that chefs think steaks done the way I like them are 'over done' but that's not the point...the point is, that's the way I like my steak and he refused to do it without butterflying it. And, I refused to have the steak butterflied so I was forced to order something else. I ordered the shrimp scampi and it was the oddest shrimp scampi I ever had.....no garlic and the buttersauce was reddish in color because of all the paprika on the shrimp. The veggies were adequate but not exceptional. I doubt I will want to return to the Progress Grill anytime soon. I was very disappointed.

3  Thank clschaak
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Every restaurant claims they offer "famous" crabcakes. But they can't hold a candle to those at the Progress Grill. The Progress Grill doesn't even claim theirs to be famous. But if you eat them, you'll know they are the best you've ever had. All lump crabmeat. No filler. Meaty. Broiled to perfection. I can't rave enough about them. Had a wonderful Greek salad to begin. Crisp fries accompanied by crabcakes. My server---Nick---was very attentive. Didn't have to ask for a thing. The service was nicely paced. Too full for dessert. I hadn't been to the Progress Grill in over 15 years. But it's just as good---if not better---than I remember it. Moderately priced. Great value. And, they don't charge for bread like the BYOB (bring your own bread) Sette Luna in Easton, PA, or serve limp fries like Bistro Zinc in Lenox, MA. The Progress Grill is classic American dining. The atmosphere is old school. But it's perfect.