“A Pleasant Surprise...!”

Ranked #16 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've eaten at the Progress Grill many times over the years and their food has always been excellent. But, I haven't been there in a number of years because I didn't like the atmosphere there. The dining rooms used to be very tight, like they jammed in as many tables and chairs as possible. Some friends invited us to dinner and suggested the Progress Grill. Despite my reservations, we decided to give it a try and am I happy we did. Since our last visit, they must have totally redecorated the dining rooms and bar area. And, the tables/chairs were spaced out nicely. As in the past, the food was excellent! We had Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer which were very tasty. I had the Seafood En Chemise (prepared a little differently than I've ever had it before) and my wife had the Crab Cake. The portions were very generous and the food was delicious. The price was definitely reasonable for the quality of the meal and typical of a good restaurant. The service was outstanding! I won't wait so long to return again. There is plenty of parking behind the restaurant. You just turn into the driveway aside of the building. If you're looking for a nice dining experience in Harrisburg, PA, I recommend you try the Progress Grill.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

one of the best crab cakes around, try them, nice service great food decent prices, comfortable, good steaks

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Its an older restaurant with good food that's highly prized locally more for its tradition and longevity than anything recently.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Progress Grill has remained a top destination for Harrisburg Area Dinners for many years. Their quality of food and great service keeps them head and shoulders an outstanding restaurant. If you know Harrisburg Dining, you know the Progress Grill!

1  Thank Larry P
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food is always prepared to your specifications and the crab is fantastic! Service is top notch and you never feel rushed or intruded upon. You can't go wrong here.