“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Linthicum, MD
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

This was my second visit. The first time was a few years back. I still remember the perfect cheese sauce that acompanied the stuffed mushroom appetizer. This time, we came for dinner. My husband ordered the burger and I had the parmesan-encrusted chicken special. He was pleased that the burger was medium rare as ordered. My favorite part of my dish was the cauliflower and carrot side, which was perfectly cooked but also really original. A carrot puree covered the caulifower, and the whole thing was topped with a bit of grated cheese and finished up under the broiler. My husband's appetizer, the duck cakes, was absolutely to die for. I'm not a fan of duck and hesitated to try it, but I loved it so much, I went back for more. We finished up by splitting a lovely creme brulee with a touch of caramel sauce on the side, and excellent fresh coffee. The service was extremely friendly and attentive. The firehouse decor is cool and the atmosphere is fun. Yes, it does get noisy, but it's unavoidable with the metal walls and ceilings. We live over an hour away, and we just wish it were closer. Give it a try-everything you have will be good and some of it will be unbelievable!

• Visited March 2011

Central Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Wonderful food, generous portions, attentive service. Not handicap accessible. Very noisy--difficult for hard of hearing customers.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“One of the best in Harrisburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

Great atmosphere as it is a converted fire station (kind of loud but fun) and the food is excellent. I loved the Sea Bass and all of the beers they have!!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“good atmosphere, but.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

I've been to firehouse many times, always hoping that they might change their menu or something. I've found that the only meal I can get there (without meat) is at lunch and is a grilled cheese and tomato soup. Which they wouldn't ever do at dinner and will tell in a very snotty tone that option is only avail. for lunch. Really. Oh I could have a house salad. I just checked out their dinner menu and see that they have finally added a vegetarian dish, however I have always been so under-impressed with the food I don't think I'd be rushing over there. It's a damn shame too, because the drinks and the bartenders there are great!

1 Thank TiramisuD
Harrisburg, PA
“Best Casual Dining In Harrisburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

If your looking for a great meal in Harrisburg head on down to the Firehouse. Out of all the restaurants on restaurant row, the Firehouse is by far the best and most consistant. The calamari is great and the mango mojitos are excellant. I have never had a bad meal here or experience. Great for larger dinner parties, but call ahead for seating.

1 Thank sposse33