“Reviews were right on!”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 543 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
New Jersey
“Reviews were right on!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went to the Firehouse Restaurant based on their past reviews on tripadvisor. Everything that was mentioned was right on. We ordered the sea salt encrusted trout (one of their signature dish) and stayed away from the steaks. The ribs were fantastic - not too dry and not too sloppy. My friend wanted a full rack of rib instead of the rib and jumbo shrimp combo and they were able to accommodate him. The portion for the fried calamari is one of the biggest I have seen. The muchroom escargot portion was a bit small -- definitely one serving size. The drunken mussels were just ok. The crabcakes were almost as good as homemade - jumbo crabmeat! My daughter had the firehouse pasta and that was a bit too spicy for her.

We were a little late getting there for our reservation so we didn't have much time to fully appreciate the decor. Definitely worth going back if we were in the neighborhood.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Maria L

“Disappointing!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This was one of our favorite places. We had to move away, so we had the chance to return this past week. The owners have changed hands now, and the quality of food has gone downhill along with the service!! The calamari was breaded nicely, but was tasteless and over cooked. Then I ordered my absolute FAVORITE entree, the Phoenician baked trout with the 3 cheese orzo and drizzled spinach. The spinach was tasteless and so was the trout!! Then we were there for a while talking with our friends and our waitress never came to see if we needed our water glasses filled or if we needed anything else. He just left us!!

When Donnie was the owner, he would have never let any of that happen. To let you know, when my husband and I got married, we had our rehearsal dinner there. That tells you how much we loved that place.

Pa
“Fabulous”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

First of all the decor is awesome....very elaborate tin designs. Second of all, the staff was great. Our waiter put up with our multitude of questions because we could not decide...everything sounded so good. I finally decided on the Firehouse Melt and it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! Roasted turkey, provolone and cheddar cheese, bacon, and homemade aioli which was so delicious. My husband got the salmon sandwich and he was very happy with his choice. French fries were also delicious.

The food came out very quickly and everything was hot!

We were asking about the building so the waiter told us to go upstairs and look there, too. So we headed toward the elevator and one of the managers said, "wait, I will go with you and turn on the light for you". Wow, customer service to the very end. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank BeasleyKRB
Ithaca, New York
“Get the Rainbow Trout”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a really great meal at this restaurant. Wonderful service, quiet atmosphere (5pm on a Saturday) and gorgeous food. I ordered the sea salt encrusted rainbow trout, not knowing it was one of their most popular dishes. When it came out I was blown away- it really was covered in salt! The waitress opened up the crust for me to reveal the most gorgeous fillet of fish I've ever tasted. Dinner and a show! My husband got the prime rib, which was also excellent, though not as exciting as the trout.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EmilyFarrar
PA
“love the calamari salad”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Firehouse is one of my favorite restaurants in Harrisburg. I have tried many of the different entrees but my favorite (I always end up going back for) is the steak and calamari salad. It is truly the best salad in the Harrisburg area. Plenty of calamari and tons of juicy steak. You really need to try it next time you are on Second Street in Harrisburg. The BEST!!

• Visited May 2014