“Wow the Trout was awesome!”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Ranked #22 of 568 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a cool place to hang out. Our server helped me choose my dinner. She recommended the kosher salt baked trout. I can't believe it was only $22. If I had ordered that in Atlanta it would have been at least $30. The decor is beautiful. It is a renovated firehouse with wonderful old photos on the walls and decked out in blazing red and black decor complete with tin tiles.

1  Thank EquineArtist

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was in Harrisburg in early January to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and we decided on Firehouse since he had been there a few times in the past for lunch. We were seated immediately in the upstairs dining room and were quickly waited on by a very friendly waitress. We started with drinks and the Fire bread, which we thought was delicious! My boyfriend had the crab cake sandwich and I had the chicken breast stuffed with feta, spinach and roasted red peppers. Both of us thought our dinners were very tasty. While the whole restaurant was a little loud, it was a perfectly fun atmosphere for a Friday night and didn't bother us one bit. I would definitely go back to the Firehouse for a great dinner and good drinks.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I are not typically into bar food but we stopped at the Firehouse for lunch for “something different”. We were pleasantly surprised. The stuffed crab was a very good appetizer choice with more crabmeat than we were expecting. My salad topped with very flavorful salmon was very tasty. My husband got their seafood chowder and he was blown away by its depth of flavor; it was also loaded with various types of seafood. The service was prompt and courteous; the room was conducive to conversation. All in all, a great lunch experience. We will go back!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I needed to host a dinner for a group my organization is doing business with. I checked the place out over lunch and found that a private room was the only way to have some control over the noise. They have a nice room in the back one the second floor that holds 15 but when my group grew to 24 we ended up booking the 3rd floor room and fortunately had it all to ourselves. They played some nice background music for us and the setting was perfect. The food was fabulous and our guests had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. You can order a sensibly priced meal or you can go higher if desired. Average price for our meals came to about $48 including gratuity.

1  Thank ready4sea
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Bartenders and servers are amazing, the food is excellent, the prices are very reasonable!! It's a great place to spend an evening!

2  Thank Jody A