“Birthday Meal”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 540 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, PA
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was in Harrisburg in early January to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and we decided on Firehouse since he had been there a few times in the past for lunch. We were seated immediately in the upstairs dining room and were quickly waited on by a very friendly waitress. We started with drinks and the Fire bread, which we thought was delicious! My boyfriend had the crab cake sandwich and I had the chicken breast stuffed with feta, spinach and roasted red peppers. Both of us thought our dinners were very tasty. While the whole restaurant was a little loud, it was a perfectly fun atmosphere for a Friday night and didn't bother us one bit. I would definitely go back to the Firehouse for a great dinner and good drinks.

• Visited January 2013

“Surprisingly good food!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I are not typically into bar food but we stopped at the Firehouse for lunch for “something different”. We were pleasantly surprised. The stuffed crab was a very good appetizer choice with more crabmeat than we were expecting. My salad topped with very flavorful salmon was very tasty. My husband got their seafood chowder and he was blown away by its depth of flavor; it was also loaded with various types of seafood. The service was prompt and courteous; the room was conducive to conversation. All in all, a great lunch experience. We will go back!

• Visited December 2012
Camp Hill, PA
“Great place to book an event”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I needed to host a dinner for a group my organization is doing business with. I checked the place out over lunch and found that a private room was the only way to have some control over the noise. They have a nice room in the back one the second floor that holds 15 but when my group grew to 24 we ended up booking the 3rd floor room and fortunately had it all to ourselves. They played some nice background music for us and the setting was perfect. The food was fabulous and our guests had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. You can order a sensibly priced meal or you can go higher if desired. Average price for our meals came to about $48 including gratuity.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ready4sea
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best overall in the area!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Bartenders and servers are amazing, the food is excellent, the prices are very reasonable!! It's a great place to spend an evening!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Jody A
Hershey, PA, USA
“Forget conversation”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Interesting decor. Service OK; food OK. They'd be well-served to install some noise-dampening ceiling tile. Impossible to converse without shouting.

• Visited August 2012