“Out of this world food and service”

Gabriella Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 501 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2019

Went on a rainy Saturday without a reservation. They were busy but we were seated within a few minutes. Everything from the meal to the great service was superb. Our only complaint is that we live too far away (In Virginia) to become regulars at this establishment. Highly recommend this wonderful place.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (521)

Reviewed October 29, 2019

Chose this restaurant based on location to hotel and menu choices. We had an excellent unrushed meal. We had the sautéed Portabella Mushroom as one of the appetizers which was delicious. The house salad was fresh and appetizing, not just lettuce! We had the Grilled Shrimp Asparagus which was not as plentiful with shrimp as was the Shrimp Francese. The Piatto di Mare did not skimp on any of its contents. All very much enjoyed. Our server was friendly and attentive but did not tell us about the specials. The Crème Brulee (apparently the only dessert made onsite) was light and delicious – highly recommended. If lived in the area, would definitely be back.

Reviewed October 29, 2019

Last Friday, my daughter and I were in PA for a little outlet shopping and a soccer game. After shopping and before heading to our hotel in Harrisburg, we checked Trip Advisor for an italian restaurant in the area. Gabriella was the first resturant that popped up and it had the best ratings. Well.....it did not disappoint. We pulled up, the parking lot was full, we did not have a reservation, we were little nervous. When we entered, they asked of we had a reservation, we said no, they hesitated, and created a spot for us in the bar area, so accommodating! We had a quaint little table, our waitress Riley cam over, introduced herself and went over the specials with us. Riley was great, full of personality, described all the dishes. We decided to have the sautéed calamari, it was outstanding, the garlic was so sweet and buttery, by far some of the best calamari I have ever had!! For dinner I had the Veal Parmigiana, the portion size was huge, but I ate every bite because it was so good, my daughter had the penne shrimp sauce, the shrimp were very large and the sauce was so flavorful.
Gabriella is a hidden gem in Harrisburg!! I cannot articulate enough the combination of the good food and outstanding interaction with Riley and the service she gave us, we cannot wait to return in the spring for another one of my daughters soccer games!!
Yummy!!

Reviewed October 24, 2019

Decent Italian food. Shrimp dish was excellent. Clams casino was awful. Veal picatta done nicely but veal was tough. Creme brulee was excellent. Service was excellent. A bit noisy.
If this is Harrisburg's #1, I'm glad I don't live there.

Reviewed October 17, 2019

Food was acceptable. Eggplant dish was good however the "gravy" was seemingly just tomato sauce. Not very impressed.

Date of visit: September 2019