“Great beer selection!”

Federal Taphouse
Ranked #34 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York, PA
“Great beer selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Wow! This place is great. Small menu, but great variety of choices. Salads were very generous. Sandwiches tasty,loaded up the plate with their homemade chips. Great beer selection, menu is well organized and serv is knowledgeable about the beers.

Visited September 2013

Westmont, Illinois
“Potato salad with ribs?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

9/5/2013

100-beer beer menu. We only tried 2. The place is big, serving the downtown businesses and government employees and tourists. Good service; decent food. We ordered the BBQ ribs which were good but had a sauce on the sweet side. Potato salad is what is sold with ribs! For this restaurant, potato salad is not a mix of overcooked potatoes, mayo, etc., but fingerling potatoes.

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Happy with the choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was in Harrisburg overnight for a business trip. Needed a bite to eat approx. 8:30 pm and Federal Taphouse fit the bill. I really liked the menu and at another time when I wasn't so calorie-conscious, I would have made some different choices, which I would have really loved to try; however, the salad I ordered was excellent with some interesting items in it. I'm not a fan of radishes; however, the watermelon radish in my salad was quite good and a welcome surprise. I asked for some bread with my salad, and the toasted pita wedges was included at no additional cost. My server (Jen) was particularly accommodating and I would definitely return to Federal, on my next trip to H-burg.

• Visited September 2013
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I've seen music upstairs and was in town for lunch so I decided to give it a try. The interior renovations are tastefully done ( no reminders of Dragonfly ) staff was pleasant enough although there wasn't much interaction. What I had for lunch, arugula salad with cherries, pistachio crusted goat cheese (warm mmmmmmm mmm mmmm) with salmon was exactly what I was looking for when I went inside. I will definitely try it again.

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Beer + Food + Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great craft beer selection and it is always changing. I have visited the restaurant 6 times so far and have never been disappointed with the food or service. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable.

I only wish they offered more options on the menu and the ability to make your own pizza instead of having to select just from the pizzas offered on the menu.

Would go back again!